Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Simcha budget in Lakewood weekly?
Previous  1  2  3  4

GLUE

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:14 pm
B'Syata D'Shmya wrote:
What are we missing that we need to fill with material wealth to out-do or keep up with the neighbors?
Is this what the Torah wants from us?

Indeed, Why is Lakewood the capital of Gashmious in America?
Why does a Chinese Actions have a prize of Luxury shopping in Lakewood?
It's one thing to be able to get all things for Frum life, it's another to get all luxury things for Frum and not very Frum life.

Why do we feel the need to surrounded our self in luxury?

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:29 pm
amother Firethorn wrote:
no I don’t believe that. My grocery bill went up by 50%. Playgroup by 25%. Tuition up every year. Day camp up a few hundred dollars. Rentals and housing are expensive. Cars are 20-30% more expensive.

80k income can’t make a wedding without tzedakah. (Unless they invested 50-100 a month from the baby’s birth)

With 80k income they would barely be able to pay half their expenses, how would they be able to invest 50-100 a month from the baby's birth?

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Nov 13 2023, 11:30 pm
GLUE wrote:
The family who spend $175,000 and had $50,000 left over from there investment.

I wonder if they spoke to their daughter before hand, said we have x amount to spend on your wedding you get to keep the left over money.
Do you want a wedding of your dreams or a smaller quieter wedding and have more money left over?
Or did they make the wedding of their dreams and what ever was left over that is what they gave her?

I can't imagine what more she could have dreamed of to spend that $50 thousand on. 175k is a crazy number already. What do you think she was missing?

GLUE

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 5:08 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
I can't imagine what more she could have dreamed of to spend that $50 thousand on. 175k is a crazy number already. What do you think she was missing?

My question was;
Did they speak to there daughter before they planed the wedding?
Or did they just plan not worry about the money and if there would be anything left over they would give it to her.

Did she have any thought that maybe we should scale the plans down so I could end up with more money for my future life? Or was that not even a conversation the parents made the wedding and that's was that no thoughts from anyone maybe lets go smaller.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics