Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
ISO Healthy dips

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 8:24 am
Anyone have a mushroom dip or maybe not a dip for first course with challah
Maybe sautéed .. ?
Ideas are welcome

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 8:26 am
Hummus with mushrooms and onions?

emzod42

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 8:59 am
This one is delicious but it takes a bit of work since you sautee the spinach first:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/w.....8.amp

mha3484

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 9:09 am
I like this alot I just replace the cream with something pareve.

https://smittenkitchen.com/200.....oast/

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 9:28 am
I often make a warm mushroom salad for Friday night (not a dip). I place the mushrooms in a pan, drizzle them with oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and bake it in the oven covered, probably about 45 minutes to an hour (I just put it in the oven with whatever else I'm baking.) The salad is with Romaine, kirbies, cherry tomatoes and a garlic soy dressing.

The mushrooms are delicious on their own, and an easy alternative to sauteeing. Could be chopped into a dip.

dotart

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 9:50 am
Roasted garlic
Roasted Eggplant with parsley

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 10:05 am
Thank you !

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 10:12 am
For roasted eggplant - I slice eggplant in half lengthwise, and cut into the flesh criss-cross. Place in pan, drizzle generously with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until very soft, can take like 2 hours or so, at 350.

To serve, I drizzle with tehina (which is also a healthy dip on its own), parsley and paprika.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 9:11 pm
[quote="Chayalle"]I often make a warm mushroom salad for Friday night (not a dip). I place the mushrooms in a pan, drizzle them with oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and bake it in the oven covered, probably about 45 minutes to an hour (I just put it in the oven with whatever else I'm baking.) The salad is with Romaine, kirbies, cherry tomatoes and a garlic soy dressing.

The mushrooms are delicious on their own, and an easy alternative to sauteeing. Could be chopped into a dip.[/quote

What type of mushrooms do you use?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 9:11 pm
Chayalle wrote:
For roasted eggplant - I slice eggplant in half lengthwise, and cut into the flesh criss-cross. Place in pan, drizzle generously with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until very soft, can take like 2 hours or so, at 350.

To serve, I drizzle with tehina (which is also a healthy dip on its own), parsley and paprika.

I make this almost every week. Yumm I love it

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 9:18 pm
Dips are generally not healthy but you can try avacado or hummus. Both are healthy.

Otherwise keep in mind that homemade dips such as olive dip and tomato dip can be made with healthy ingredients which makes it “healthy”

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 9:24 pm
Techina is really healthy no mayo

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 9:28 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
Dips are generally not healthy but you can try avacado or hummus. Both are healthy.

Otherwise keep in mind that homemade dips such as olive dip and tomato dip can be made with healthy ingredients which makes it “healthy”
so many healthy dips beyond avocado and hummus.

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Nov 16 2023, 11:00 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:

Dips that you buy in the store is not healthy since it’s full of Mayo and garbage.
I consider myself health minded and make a beautiful spread every Shabbat with yummy HEALTHY dips and salads.

Garlic confit- very healthy and full of vitamins
Beets salad
Homemade Mayo with cage free eggs and avocado oil
Roasted tomatoes
Fresh salads with fresh herbs.
Hummus
Tahini
The list is endless for clean healthy versions of anything and everything you want/like.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 6:30 am
amother Brass wrote:
Dips that you buy in the store is not healthy since it’s full of Mayo and garbage.
I consider myself health minded and make a beautiful spread every Shabbat with yummy HEALTHY dips and salads.

Beets salad
Roasted tomatoes
Hummus
Tahini
The list is endless for clean healthy versions of anything and everything you want/like.

How do you make the garlic confit?

cbg

Post Fri, Nov 17 2023, 6:49 am
amother Brass wrote:

Beets salad
Roasted tomatoes
Hummus
Tahini

Can you explain how to make mayo withAVOCADO oil. I’ve only had luck Olive oil, extra light because of the taste. Every time I ve tried with avocado it was only salvageable by making it with olive oil and then adding the cut mayo back in
It’s a lot of work to fix
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking