Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Qin or Fig--What's your experience?
Previous  1  2

ewwpeas20

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 10:32 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
Hey guys question for those who have the qin phone (I have the EKO BIZ f30)

Was absentminded and fiddled around with my phone, and mistakenly pressed an option that came up when I pressed the "back" button for too long: said "adjust resolution"

Now my screen shrank and everything is tiny and doesn't fit making me ill!

Anyone know how to reverse this? I've tried pressing every button out there aint working

TIA

I have the same model and company. Press and hold back arrow button and then click adjust resolution.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 10:39 pm
Thanks for responding!

That was the first thing I tried doing, but even after pressing and holding for while I don't see an option of adjust resolution Sad Was only an option when my screen was reg size

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 10:57 pm
amother Olive wrote:
It's on the screen.
It only happens sometimes. Never figured it out.

I have the same issue.
during a call I make sure I press back to the home screen and then press end to turn off screen. it wont end your call.

ewwpeas20

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 11:59 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
Thanks for responding!

That was the first thing I tried doing, but even after pressing and holding for while I don't see an option of adjust resolution Sad Was only an option when my screen was reg size

Does the screen sort of shrink and there’s no option at the bottom? Mine does that and I pressed where adjust resolution would be lower right hand side and it fixed itself. I press twice to get regular size.
ETA just did it and it worked

Ruchy

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 12:13 am
I also have the phone and have some issues. I deleted waze to reinstall it, and there's nothing in the app store app. How can I reinstall it?
Also, when it connects to my cars Bluetooth, the ringing volume is earsplitting, but when someone picks up its too low to hear.
Anyone?

honeymoon

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 12:36 am
I have the qin and cannot get gmail installed. All the other apps work. Anyone else has this problem?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 12:41 am
Ruchy wrote:
I also have the phone and have some issues. I deleted waze to reinstall it, and there's nothing in the app store app. How can I reinstall it?
Also, when it connects to my cars Bluetooth, the ringing volume is earsplitting, but when someone picks up its too low to hear.
Anyone?

I have this exact issue. I stopped connecting to the car. I either put on speaker or connect to airpods.

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, Nov 01 2023, 12:42 am
Seems like a lot of issues with the Qin. Does anyone have the new fig and can compare?

amother
Iris

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 2:56 pm
Bumping this up.

Switching from a smart phone, which one is overall better? The camera, easy to type and use...

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 4:00 pm
amother Iris wrote:
Bumping this up.

Switching from a smart phone, which one is overall better? The camera, easy to type and use...

the qin's operating is way more familiar for a smarthphone user, it's very user friendly and the keyboard/swipe to text etc is just like gmail

amother
Latte

Post Sun, May 26 2024, 9:04 pm
Bumping this up, anyone have more experience with the Fig, did it get any better?
Any updated info between the two coming from a smart phone?

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 5:51 am
Not experience with the fig but I love my qin!

the place I bought from (in Israel) opened up the app store for me so I was able to put on any apps I wanted. That made the transition from smartphone really easy for me because anything that was really hard to be without, I just added (unless it was something I davka didn't want, like whatsapp or browser). So my experience is probably different than people who don't have it that way but BH I am very happy. They can close the app store for me if I bring it back I just never bothered.

The putting calls on phone/mute situation is pretty annoying but I'm going to try some of the suggestions here and see if that helps!

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 10:33 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:

the place I bought from (in Israel) opened up the app store for me so I was able to put on any apps I wanted. That made the transition from smartphone really easy for me because anything that was really hard to be without, I just added (unless it was something I davka didn't want, like whatsapp or browser). So my experience is probably different than people who don't have it that way but BH I am very happy. They can close the app store for me if I bring it back I just never bothered.

The putting calls on phone/mute situation is pretty annoying but I'm going to try some of the suggestions here and see if that helps!

If the app store is open on your phone and you can add anything, I don't think that's called a kosher phone.

amother
Midnight

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 10:45 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:

Are you saying I can have whatsapp on a quinn as long as the app store is open?

I'd really love that.

amother
Geranium

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 10:45 pm
I have a Qin phone and find that the sound broadcasts. Anyone around me can hear the other party quite clearly. And I have overheard others' conversations as well. Lowering the volume only helps slightly. Additionally, the buttons are hard to press and I often have to press repeatedly to answer a call. This may be a Verizon issue, but my phone sporadically loses reception indoors.

I would love to hear more about the new Fig.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 11:02 pm
amother Midnight wrote:
Are you saying I can have whatsapp on a quinn as long as the app store is open?

I'd really love that.

Now I see why rabbanim are assuring the qin phone. Was pretty upset that my kosher qin phone was being attacked, but if imas are asking about watsapp on their qin phones (that theyre probably getting because of school/cheder/kehillah/social pressure to have 'kosher' phone) then I got my answer loud and clear.

amother
Latte

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 11:05 pm
I don’t think opening the apps are an option here in America.
Once it is allowed the mosdos are won’t allow it.
That is also the reason some are giving a hard time because in Israel it’s a full phone….
The fig doesn’t have Uber but it has Waze…

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 2:02 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
Now I see why rabbanim are assuring the qin phone. Was pretty upset that my kosher qin phone was being attacked, but if imas are asking about watsapp on their qin phones (that theyre probably getting because of school/cheder/kehillah/social pressure to have 'kosher' phone) then I got my answer loud and clear.

There are different versions of the Qin. If you buy the F30 from Pure Talk it does not have any app store and is as kosher as it gets.

There are other versions that are a smart phone.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics