Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How long does your 2 and half yr old nap by morah?
Previous  1  2

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 1:34 am
My toddler stopped napped for half hour. He was the first child to be woken by the Morah. It was just enough so that it kept him going until bedtime at 7. longer than that, he would go to sleep so late and wake up tired.

The Morah was totally cooperative.

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:12 pm
My 2.5 year old takes an hour nap daily. She wakes up at 7, naps for an hour at around 12:30-1, bedtime is about 7:30.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:42 pm
They should wake up kids by 2 so they can go to sleep on time.

amother
Offwhite

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:40 pm
My daughter napped 3 hours daily till 3 years old. Her bedtime was 7:30-8. Most kids this age still need naps imo . I don’t think it’s fair to ask a morah to keep your kid up if everyone else is napping. Your kid can have quiet time in her crib with books if that’s an option, but not play time where the other kid who are sleeping will be woken up.
Is she in a younger or older 2s group. Younger 2s still naps, older twos not.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
My daughter clearly is ready to cut out naps but her morah insists that she still naps by her. She put them in for 1-2 hours and I think it’s really not right! She then comes home and doesn’t fall asleep till 930 and wakes up at 5 am as she clearly does not need naps anymore.
Just wondering how long other toddlers nap for

When I worked in a 2 year old playgroup rest time was an hour. No one HAD to sleep, but everyone had to stay quietly on their mat.

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 8:21 pm
amother Black wrote:
As you can see op, some kids need it, and some don't!
As a 2yr old playgroup morah I do put the kids in bed but will wake them up after an hour if mothers ask me to.
If most of my group still need nap I do nap time, when most of the group doesn't need it anymore we stop.
If your child doesn't need to nap and doesn't sleep on Friday, shabbos and Sunday why is your child falling asleep on Monday?
I find that when kids are ready to give up their naps they stop falling asleep at rest time.
A child who doesn't need a nap shoukd not be falling asleep on the way home from morah! Wink
Transition stage is annoying. Use the few days vacation over chanuka to stop napping your child and ask morah to wake him up after an hour max if child falls asleep. Maybe she can put a few toys/books in her crib...

Because kids act differently in school and at home. Its very different everyone going to sleep vs just two year old.
My child falls asleep on the way home because the motion puts them to sleep just like any travel. Im happy because its the perfect amount of sleep to keep going till bedtime.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics