Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Segula from RC Kislev through last day Chanuka
Previous  1  2

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 12:58 pm
I wouldn’t see it as all or nothing. Why wait till next year? The less we complain the better. I did this last kislev and I’m a normally grumpy person with a lot to kvetch about but really worked hard to be positive. I totally forgot about it till now. But looking back I realize we did experience a miracle. I was despondent of ever marrying off my kids, and BH one of them got married this year!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 12:59 pm
I found this shiur on Torah Anytime about this segula.

Rabbanit Iris Odani Elyashiv
Segulot For The Month Of Kislev

TorahAnytime Links
🎥 Video https://MyTAT.me/v52858
🎤 Audio https://MyTAT.me/a52858

☎️ Dial In (718)-298-2077
Press 952858#

👀 More from Rabbanit Iris Odani Elyashiv
https://MyTAT.me/s124

tried to link it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 1:00 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
I wouldn’t see it as all or nothing. Why wait till next year? The less we complain the better. I did this last kislev and I’m a normally grumpy person with a lot to kvetch about but really worked hard to be positive. I totally forgot about it till now. But looking back I realize we did experience a miracle. I was despondent of ever marrying off my kids, and BH one of them got married this year!

Wow, thank you for sharing. My first time trying this.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 1:02 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Oops, I wish I’d seen this before shkiah, too late for me now! Please remind me about this earlier in the day in Erev Kislev next year!

Deal! I put it on my calendar. B’n if Moshicach isn’t here (may he come today) I’ll remind you.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 1:47 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Oops, I wish I’d seen this before shkiah, too late for me now! Please remind me about this earlier in the day in Erev Kislev next year!

No, it is Rosh chodesh kislev.

I pasken you can do it this year.

amother
Birch

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 2:07 pm
I'm starting this challenge right now. IYH will update you all with my miracle..

Thanks so for posting this.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 2:32 pm
I really want to do this. We are the generation of the Dor Hamidbar, they complained, and we'll stop complaining.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 3:47 pm
If you need a few miracles does it work for all?
Also... what's included in the not complaining? LOL
If my cleaning lady canceled and b"h found another one and there are things she doesn't do the way I like? Can I think it and not say it to anyone?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 3:58 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
If you need a few miracles does it work for all?
Also... what's included in the not complaining? LOL
If my cleaning lady canceled and b"h found another one and there are things she doesn't do the way I like? Can I think it and not say it to anyone?

I reached out to Rebbitzen Iris Odani Elyashiv (from the Torah anytime shiur) hoping she can answer exactly your question. She’s in DC today, but she holds a shiur in person and via zoom every Tuesday (perhaps not today) and I plan to ask in the Q&A. I was told she may b’n address your question (and a few other posted questions here) before then.

There’s 3 weeks 2 days before the first day of Chanukah. I think it’s worth getting a bit of guidance from Rebbitzen Elyashiv if she can. I personally need all the help I can get.

Edit: corrected Rebbitzen’s name.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 3:59 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
I really want to do this. We are the generation of the Dor Hamidbar, they complained, and we'll stop complaining.

I didn’t think of that. Thanks for the perspective. Gives me a bit more chizuk.

amother
Birch

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 4:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
I reached out to Rebbitzen Iris Odani Elyashiv (from the Torah anytime shiur) hoping she can answer exactly your question. She’s in DC today, but she holds a shiur in person and via zoom every Tuesday (perhaps not today) and I plan to ask in the Q&A. I was told she may b’n address your question (and a few other posted questions here) before then.

There’s 3 weeks 2 days before the first day of Chanukah. I think it’s worth getting a bit of guidance from Rebbitzen Elyashiv if she can. I personally need all the help I can get.

Edit: corrected Rebbitzen’s name.

Thanks op. I was also thinking what is included in "complaining".

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 4:54 pm
Maybe make a point of expressing gratitude.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 14 2023, 5:46 pm
In asking about this specific challenge of not complaining, I learned that an important date is coming up next week (thanks to Rebbitzen Elyashiv’s team/kehila?).

Next week the 9th of Kislev, the 9th of the 9th month is very special I was told. I will post later tonight Iy’H. B’H we’re loved so much that we’re given so many opportunities.

I never was a segula person before, but I read the Iggeres HaRamban for a few weeks on Shabbos over the summer and it was transformative.

Right now I think even if I can’t get through the end of Chanukah without complaining it will definitely help me, my middos. Every little bit in the right direction helps.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 5:45 am
B’H was reminded by a post here that today is the 9th of Kislev. It’s my first time hearing about the importance of the 9th. If anyone has any info to share, I would appreciate it.

I have been keeping with the segula not to complain, although there have been many close calls and I believe a couple of fails (not sure) I’ll keep going. Hatzlocha to anyone trying it.

tf

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 6:23 am
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Just saw this post and I just hung up with my husband venting how overwhelmed I was with the newborn and other kids needing my attention and I'm just physically tired from the day
Am I done now for the month?I can't do this segula anymore?

I'm sure it doesn't hurt to start now.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational