Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Managing nights

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 7:59 pm
Newborn BH
Had a nurse for wk ( he s a few wks old- had to wait for a good nurse..) and was so amazing to be able to get a chunk of sleep. Nurse leaving soon and I have no idea how I will manage the nights. DH has good intentions but will not be helpful - he travels a lot and works really hard and completely passes out at night.
I have such a hard time with night time feeding. I try to stay up and end up falling asleep and that scares me . How does everyone stay up ?( For context I have a large family and work really hard by day especially when everyone’s home . I used to take a nurse for much more- like till baby was 4-6 months old but we cant afford it anymore)
It makes me sad that I won’t have any help and I really don’t know how I will manage . I am not young anymore and really need halo knowing how to do this without falling apart and without being resentful that I don’t have the help I’ve had in the past …

( I’m not complaining ng. I am truly grateful for my baby and the help I was able to have until now, I’m just overwhelmed and trying to be proactive …)

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 8:02 pm
What time are you able to get go bed? If you can fall asleep for the night around 10, I assume you’re waking up with the baby every 2-3 hours? So 1ish and 4ish! The interrupted sleep is hard but you’d still get 6 hours or more in by the time morning came. Oh and coffee obviously

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 8:04 pm
You are in survival mode right now and it’s so normal. We are all a mess at this stage and it for sure becomes more challenging as you get older. It seems like you will be in this stage endlessly but at some point we blink and they age iy’h sleeping through the night! If you can ask your husband to feed a bottle the first shift and go to bed early from 8-11. That way he’s not missing out on much sleep and you start off the night on a better foot.

amother
Snowflake

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 8:12 pm
Agree with the above suggestions. Also, at this age I would practice safe co sleeping so I could sort of sleep through feedings.

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 8:19 pm
the only way I manage is having my baby in my bed and nurse back to sleep as opposed to getting up every time, even if the crib is in my room its hard to get out of bed
this makes a huge difference

kollel_wife

Post Fri, Nov 24 2023, 7:34 am
Is everyone out during the day. Taking a nap in the morning helps if they are out.
Also, you have to take each night, each hour one day at at time.

You get undressed and get into bed 10:00 whether or not the baby is asleep. I've had babies that are fuss a lot of the night - you do the best you can. Try to sleep as much as you can - you'll make it.

amother
Cherry

Post Fri, Nov 24 2023, 7:50 am
OP, if you have older teens, maybe they wouldn't mind watching the baby for 2 hours in the evening so you can get some sleep. I used to love doing that as a teen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics