Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Chizuk

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 5:53 am
My husband was laid off a few months ago after working a stable job 15 plus years. He has not found a new job yet and it’s getting to him more and more. He spends his days applying to job after job with nothing to show (he’s had one interview only). He refuses to tell anyone he lost his job and is making believe he’s working from home still. We have not told our children (I agree with that part because it would make them worry). When I talk to him about our situation it always ends up with him being annoyed at me. I’m trying my hardest to be supportive. I too am very affected by this situation. He keeps saying I’m not supportive. I’m not really sure how to support him in this challenging time. I work part time (that’s new for me and a direct result of the situation) and take care of all the household stuff and kid stuff. His only job is literally to find a job. I’m at a loss of how to navigate this period in our life

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 6:34 am
Ouch

May he find something really soon

How to navigate the situation from someone who knows:

1.don't talk to the husband about it - he isn't capable of providing the emotional support you need right now because his self-esteem took a shot and on top of that he is deeply worried himself

2. do smile be loving kind and overly positive

3. do try to reign in spending as much as possible

4. do verbally thank Hashem every prayer for his steady job or 15 ears; for his ability to work; for his motivation to look for a job. tell Hashem you trust him completely that what happenned is best and that what will happen is best and that He will help your husband find something perfect for him

5. do try to take on ONE improvement in your yidishkeit - either say one extra kapitel tehilim daily or weekly or be extra careful with one halacha etc as a specific zchus for him finding a job
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics