Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Chanukah class reunion

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 6:27 pm
Does anyone have any good games that don't need to much prep for a class chanukah party reunion? ( age is low 20s if it makes a diff)
thanks!

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 7:16 pm
Each girl can bring a gift having to do with another girls name. Everyone has to guess who its connected to.

Psa- regarding HS reunions. We had our 20 yr
Reunion recently. It was very upsetting and totally not neccesary. Pp commenting on who got skinnier/heavier, who is the type to have only girls, who made a bar mitzvah recently. All this when some girls didnt get married early on and some girls not married. I felt the whole thing was very insensitive. Whoever one wants to keep in touch woth they will anyway. No need to make pp feel uncomfortable and not good bc they gained weight or dnt have alot of kids. No one has any idea what another person is going thru especially when you havent spoken to them in 20 yrs!!

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 7:46 pm
amother Orange wrote:

Reunion recently. It was very upsetting and totally not neccesary. Pp commenting on who got skinnier/heavier, who is the type to have only girls, who made a bar mitzvah recently. All this when some girls didnt get married early on and some girls not married. I felt the whole thing was very insensitive. Whoever one wants to keep in touch woth they will anyway. No need to make pp feel uncomfortable and not good bc they gained weight or dnt have alot of kids. No one has any idea what another person is going thru especially when you havent spoken to them in 20 yrs!!

I was wondering this… my grade never had a reunion and people keep mentioning maybe we should make one

But what about the single girls (or shall we say ladies by now, we’re in our 30s)
And what about the divorced ones
And the one who never had kids
Etc etc etc
How will all the conversations make them feel. Even if we don’t discuss who got skinnier/fatter (I don’t think my grade would do that out loud… maybe think it or afterwards between individuals lol) and who’s the type to have only girls… conversations always veer to the topics most at hand, let’s say what schools your kids go to, or even what your husband does for a living etc. I was trying to think of ANY topic that could be safe to talk about that won’t be hurtful to some… but then again, the world keeps turning even if you’re single/divorced/childless and if they know their vulnerability and what hurts them and maybe they would choose not to come to avoid the pain. But that would be such a shame.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:21 pm
amother Orange wrote:
Each girl can bring a gift having to do with another girls name. Everyone has to guess who its connected to.

Thanks for your idea! It's theoretically a good idea, only the reunion is tomorrow, so I can't really do such a type of game with such short notice...

any other ideas?

tichellady

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:46 pm
amother Orange wrote:

Sounds like the problem is the people not the idea of a reunion. Why should anyone feel like they aren’t worth talking to because they gained weight or they don’t have kids?

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:49 pm
Never have I ever….everyone brings 15 candies any type.
First person says something they’ve never done in their life, whoever did do it gives her a candy. See who stays with the most.
It brings up lots of fun discussions etc. you obviously want to say something that’s unusual. Ie. I never gave birth vaginally, or I never was on an airplane etc…

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:51 pm
Numerical order:
Divide class in half.
Have them race to stand in a numerical order line according to your question:

Birthdates
#child in their family
How many bedrooms they have
What their biggest size pot is….

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 1:00 pm