Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Shower window vs exhaust fan

lovemykid!

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 11:20 am
We are doing construction and one bathroom will need a window in the shower. I’ve heard that they can be an issue with privacy- even if you do privacy glass you can still see shadows at night etc. Thinking of just putting in an exhaust fan and eliminating the window entirely. Thoughts?

Unigala

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 11:39 am
shower windows are weird!! and they can get super moldy..

if you have an option go with exhaust fan

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 12:32 pm
Windows in showers are extremely problematic. The privacy issue is easily solved with frosted glass but they are difficult to waterproof so you will run the risk of water intrusion causing harm to your infrastructure as it leaks.

Why do you even want a window in the shower? Functionally it makes little sense? Are you planning to keep the window open to vent? Most people don't.

Are you planning to have it for light - bathrooms are dark at night and early in the morning and twilight anyway. You need good lighting in the bathroom anyway.

I don't have a window in my bathroom but I have an excellent Panasonic Whisper Fan. It runs automatically based on ambient moisture levels so there is no moisture in the bathroom. No mold. No mildew.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars