Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Research on moving OOT
Previous  1  2

amother
Peru

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 1:18 pm
Baltimore

But housing costs sky rocketed lately. The prices are more 350-400s on the cheaper houses and 600-800 on the othwr areas now. Though I did see one under 300 recently.

Nothing wrong with the houses on bancroft. I just saw one for sale for 279, though it's smaller.

For those who said it's a bad area, I live in the area and love it. It's more heimish and less keeping up with the joneses. Some houses are smaller but many are not.

I know someone who worked in the public schools who said the kids told her they prefer to do the crimes in the greenspring and ranchleigh areas as people are less careful. Crime here doesn't have borders.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 5:09 pm
If you're looking to work in public schools, the salary in CT districts is wayyy higher compared to the COL in Waterbury than other places. Baltimores school salaries are pathetic compared to the COL. All this info is online, teachers contracts etc. do your research.

You can easily get 250k on an outskirt block with frum people that will fill up. I suggest you arrange a shabbos here. It's something the rebbetzin helps with and see if it's for you. You can even look at some houses on Sunday if you like it.

nicole81

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 7:02 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
If you're looking to work in public schools, the salary in CT districts is wayyy higher compared to the COL in Waterbury than other places. Baltimores school salaries are pathetic compared to the COL. All this info is online, teachers contracts etc. do your research.

You can easily get 250k on an outskirt block with frum people that will fill up. I suggest you arrange a shabbos here. It's something the rebbetzin helps with and see if it's for you. You can even look at some houses on Sunday if you like it.

Here's a house that's right by the yeshiva with frum families. 5 bedrooms under 300K. I think Waterbury is the only area that fits your price range and distance from NY.

https://www.trulia.com/home/60.....11541
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating