Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Mixed feelings

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 4:26 am
After 15 years of being married (and having the same sheital) , we finally saved up enough for me to get a 2nd hand sheital my DH is so excited for it and wants me to be , but I can’t bring myself to the level of being so happy. I mean it’s definitely better than what I have now, but I can’t help being sad and wishing I could get something that I chose, not just something in my budget. I know a sheital isn’t the most important use of money and we need the money for other things, I guess I am just venting.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 4:39 am
Sheitels are complicated. You can spend thousands and you don’t know if you’re going to like it until it’s too late.

In my experience 2nd hand sheitels are better than new because you know more of what you’re getting. If it’s a lemon you’re more likely to see that in a used sheitel and not buy it, whereas you won’t see it in a new sheitel so easily.

I give you a bracha that your sheitel should be comfortable, hold a set, and look good on you for many years to come!

oneofakind

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 4:44 am
It sounds like you didn't get something that you love and it still was so much money. Makes sense you aren't thrilled. DH of course doesn't see the difference between one shaitel and another.
Hugs.
Wishing you brochos and parnassa.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 6:37 am
I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm in a similar position, not with a shaitel but a similar high ticket item. It's frustrating to save and save for something you really want/need and not be excited about what you're getting because it's all you can afford.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 6:43 am
OP, many that sell wigs, will let you pay in installments. Maybe find out if there's someone in your city that would let you do that.

Leahh

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 6:46 am
Op, pm me
I may be able to help you get what you want.

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 6:50 am
Feel for you. Try ritzo wigs? Got stunning long lace top for great price

happy7

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 7:10 am
Can you share with us how much you have saved and your location.
I am sure someone here can direct you to the BEST place for a second hand EXCELLENT option.
Perhaps even to somewhere that can get you a new shaitel
Some of the second hand shaitels are basically new- someone bought it and doesn’t like it, and now they are trying to recoup their loss

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 10:52 am
I saved $700. I already committed to purchasing the sheital so I can’t find something different now. I am just feeling torn. Like I should be so happy but somehow I am wishing I could have something nice for both Shabbos and weekdays, not just a workone while also knowing that I probably won’t get a new one for at least 5-10 years. I like it, but obviously there were ones that were much nicer, just way out of budget. Like I wish I could look as elegant as some people do.
Thank you for your offer! I am not looking for tzedakah, it was just a vent. I live out of town so there isn’t many options.

Leahh

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 8:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
I saved $700. I already committed to purchasing the sheital so I can’t find something different now. I am just feeling torn. Like I should be so happy but somehow I am wishing I could have something nice for both Shabbos and weekdays, not just a workone while also knowing that I probably won’t get a new one for at least 5-10 years. I like it, but obviously there were ones that were much nicer, just way out of budget. Like I wish I could look as elegant as some people do.
Thank you for your offer! I am not looking for tzedakah, it was just a vent. I live out of town so there isn’t many options.

If you're able to get out of the commitment I can get you a brand new one in your price range. PM me to discuss
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels