Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Hair gets knotted under hat

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 11:30 am
I wear a fall with a headband usually but I'd like to use berets/beanies also. I just got a beanie but the hair of the fall gets so knotted and the whole thing is so itchy what am I doing wrong?

peace2

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 12:02 pm
You're doing nothing wrong. It's shaitels in the winter lol. Brush it out every night so it's manageable. Maybe use a serum to keep the hair silky... if there's a shaitelmacher on here can you recommend a product?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 12:11 pm
[quote="peace2"]You're doing nothing wrong. It's shaitels in the winter lol. Brush it out every night so it's manageable. Maybe use a serum to keep the hair silky... if there's a shaitelmacher on here can you recommend a product?[/quote
What size the best brush? And it's not manageable by end of day, it's already hard to brush

peace2

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 1:09 pm
I use a wide-tooth comb or just the regular brush I use for my hair. Sounds like the hair of your wig tangles more easily. I have an Irene and the hair is pretty smooth so it doesn't get too bad. If you feel like it's unmanageable, maybe take it back to the person you bought it from and see if there's anything they can do to help with the hair

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 3:46 pm
peace2 wrote:
I use a wide-tooth comb or just the regular brush I use for my hair. Sounds like the hair of your wig tangles more easily. I have an Irene and the hair is pretty smooth so it doesn't get too bad. If you feel like it's unmanageable, maybe take it back to the person you bought it from and see if there's anything they can do to help with the hair

Got it from China. It seems like good hair otherwise

Every single wig I owned from China or not knots like crazy.

wigboutique

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 3:50 pm
peace2 wrote:
You're doing nothing wrong. It's shaitels in the winter lol. Brush it out every night so it's manageable. Maybe use a serum to keep the hair silky... if there's a shaitelmacher on here can you recommend a product?

Olaplex bonding oil
Any 100% Argan oil
Original tangle teezer brush
Have the wig brushed out as often as possible starting at the tips and go up slowly
Never ever press your wig back against the couch or car seat up and down, rather split your wig hair in the back and bring them to your sides on the front to keep it neat
Store the wig properly when you’re done using it, don’t throw it around the house

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 12 2023, 4:12 pm
wigboutique wrote:
Olaplex bonding oil
Any 100% Argan oil
Original tangle teezer brush
Have the wig brushed out as often as possible starting at the tips and go up slowly
Never ever press your wig back against the couch or car seat up and down, rather split your wig hair in the back and bring them to your sides on the front to keep it neat
Store the wig properly when you’re done using it, don’t throw it around the house

Thanks.
I just looked up that brush, it doesn't look strong at all and this wig has tons of knots. I can't see it getting through them. How does it work?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels