Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
ATT UK Amothers: Moving to England

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 16 2023, 3:08 pm
I know it sounds much worse in news than it really is. So my Q is, as people living there, what are your thoughts on people moving now to UK? Do you see a future for Jews there?

amother
Narcissus

Post Sat, Dec 16 2023, 3:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
I know it sounds much worse in news than it really is. So my Q is, as people living there, what are your thoughts on people moving now to UK? Do you see a future for Jews there?

Feels safe living here.

Seems to be less open anti-semitism then countries in mainland Europe.

We have security guards outside the shuls and schools.

The police take anti-semitism very seriously.

We can't know the future of course.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sat, Dec 16 2023, 3:27 pm
I'm not sure what kind issues in the news you are referring, I'm assuming anti semitism?
I don't think anti semitism is much more in the UK than other parts of the world.
There is no reason to think that there is no future in the UK for Jews.
There is a very tolerant culture in the UK which means that people are generally less attracted to extremist ideology, politics on both sides is a lot more centrist than in the USA.

amother
Chestnut

Post Sat, Dec 16 2023, 4:03 pm
All the pro-palestinian marches take place in central london, approx 40 minutes from where I live (stamford hill). BH the police and CST have increased security in the heimishe areas especially at the times when schools are dismissed, 4 pm. Basically, in the area we don`t feel it much BH, but once you leave the area you do see posters 'free palestine' etc.

I have some muslim hijab wearing neighbours and BH so far our relationship has been the same.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating