Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
It’s that time of year again

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 12:21 pm
I know I know I’m very late but looking for cheap cheap vacation for winter vacation Feb 1-5. Coming from NY.

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 12:27 pm
What does cheap cheap mean to you?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 12:33 pm
I don’t want to spend thousands on a vacation now. We really need it so the cheaper the better. Orlando would be perfect bc we have a pool plus the game rooms. I would need a cheap flight. I know I recently missed one. So basically something like that. One of my kids probably can’t go due to school and work so it’ll b 7 people.

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 12:35 pm
So you want to spend less than 2k for 7 people to fly and rent a house? (And car rental and food ?) that sounds tricky. I hope someone here has a creative idea

sara1232

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 1:21 pm
What we usually do is rent out an airbnb in a nice area that isn't far away (2-3 hr drive). Some of these homes come with game rooms, indoor theaters, etc.
Last year we went upstate ny (2 hrs away from monsey where we live) and if was beautiful. Besides for the nice home you can always check out local small attractions and the whole thing ends up not costing much.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 1:27 pm
sara1232 wrote:
What we usually do is rent out an airbnb in a nice area that isn't far away (2-3 hr drive). Some of these homes come with game rooms, indoor theaters, etc.
Last year we went upstate ny (2 hrs away from monsey where we live) and if was beautiful. Besides for the nice home you can always check out local small attractions and the whole thing ends up not costing much.

Do you have any links? I would totally do this. Especially if it had an indoor pool. Bh my kids are very happy with not much. I feel they would really benefit from going away being in a different environment for a bit

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 1:52 pm
What is your budget? And do you need to be by minyan/ kosher food?

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 1:55 pm
If your willing to do no minyan then you can get a house upstate with game room/ bonfire pit/ hot tub for under 400 a night. Most of these homes are near winter attractions like snow tubing/skiing. Would this be something you are interested in? I haven’t seen many indoor pool options, but you can always stay in a cheaper hotel as long as you don’t mind mix swimming. If you Davka wana be in Orlando, then you would have to be willing to spend more than a couple thousand (I think). From previous Orlando experience renting a smaller end house was around 500 and that was just for shabbos…

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 1:59 pm
I think Airbnb upstate is so fun! You can do from Sunday- Thursday (if you don’t mind missing weekday minyan). Rent a house with game room/ bonfire/ hot tub. One day you can do a bigger activity like skiing. Another day you can do simple sledding and then hot coco at home around the bonfire. You can spend a day at the house playing games and just enjoying what it has to offer and explore the woods around it. One day you can go into the small town and walk around and go bowling (usually they have a bowling alley or some type of activity like that). Bring yummy food and treats. I think it could be really special and rejuvenating!

sara1232

Post Sun, Dec 17 2023, 2:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you have any links? I would totally do this. Especially if it had an indoor pool. Bh my kids are very happy with not much. I feel they would really benefit from going away being in a different environment for a bit

The one we went to didn't have a pool but you can go onto the airbnb app and filter by pool, budget, amt of bedrooms etc. Re minyanim you usually can get one during the week if you're willing to drive like 20 min cuz there are jewish communities upstate.
Like others mentioned there are winter activities nearby as well as just the reg stuff u can do everywhere (bowling etc), there might be malls, there were some dairy farms next to where we were, etc. And if you go when there's snow just the scenery itself is breathtaking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics