Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Your favorite snack when in Israel
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 4:02 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:
Sorry, My bad. I really thought you can get all ''specials'' in the States. You can't get Egozi there? Waffles? Whipped Cream? Dorito's? I just never heard anyone from the States (I have tons of family and friends there) who have said to me'' I really miss XYZ.'' I have heard people from the States (who live here now) say ''I can't live without my spice or certain ingred.''. I have heard women tell me they miss the shopping carts in certain shops in NY.

Just because you never heard anyone say it, doesnt mean nobody has.
And in each country there are things that are special to that country.
I just thoughg your reply was unnecessary and a bit over the top for such a pareve topic as snacks.

Busybee5

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 4:15 pm
lostmyoldSN wrote:
Soleros are still around and are CY.

Happy to hear ☺️

DrMom

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 5:32 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:
Sorry, My bad. I really thought you can get all ''specials'' in the States. You can't get Egozi there? Waffles? Whipped Cream? Dorito's? I just never heard anyone from the States (I have tons of family and friends there) who have said to me'' I really miss XYZ.'' I have heard people from the States (who live here now) say ''I can't live without my spice or certain ingred.''. I have heard women tell me they miss the shopping carts in certain shops in NY.

It is weird that you think that people who travel from the US will miss US food, but people who travel from Israel won't miss Israeli food.

amother
Navy

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 5:58 pm
I like those crackers with the sesame seeds... Maybe osem brand? They're addictive and prob not good for me anyway Smile

Busybee5

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 6:18 pm
amother Navy wrote:
I like those crackers with the sesame seeds... Maybe osem brand? They're addictive and prob not good for me anyway Smile

They sell those everywhere no? We get them here in England but my kids aren't allowed to take them to school because of allergies so we hardly have them. They're yum though! Especially with peanut butter on them Smile

amother
Latte

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 6:41 pm
BIOyogurts from katzfet. with peanuts. and white chocolate and chocolate nuts sauce.
also, the jelly rings that come in the containers (like in pyup etc) are amazing. I can't stand the American brands. I've had ppl bring a whole box of them back for me TMI theyre usually finished within a week...

amother
Latte

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 6:43 pm
I also randomly crave the chocolate filled bamba. They have it here but its not as fresh.
When I was in sem they did a special run of the choc filled bamba with popping candy!!! It was amazing! Do they still have it?

amother
Mimosa

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 6:46 pm
Milky
Prigat grapefruit juice (pure juice, not drink)
Milk (milk in US doesn't compare)
We're visiting Israel soon and will stock up fridge with the above.
*Can't wait to make aliyah! Very Happy

Shopmiami49

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 6:48 pm
white chocolate covered Chinese pecans...omg heeeeeaven

amother
Sage

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 6:53 pm
Fresh kabukim
Mmmmm literally nothing like it

amother
Tuberose

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 7:00 pm
[quote="shabbatiscoming"]Just because you never heard anyone say it, doesnt mean nobody has.
I just thoughg your reply was unnecessary and a bit over the top for such a pareve topic as snacks.[/quote

Totally correct. Feeling ill when I see soldiers names each day and am petrified daily because we have family fighting in Gazza and Jenin, and I know families personally that have lost sons. So yeah, snacks are silly to me but I said Sorry.

relaxation

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 7:06 pm
krembo , doritos green bag , klik chocolate (I know its available here but much cheaper there)

amother
Nasturtium

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 8:04 pm
I miss being able to get fresh burekas anytime.
I love the variety of milchigs and everything cholov yisrael!
I always think it's hysterical how I can travel to crazy places in Israel and can't buy an apple but can always buy milchig ice cream!
I love the huge bags of bissli for way less than in the US.
And all the different chocolate bars!
Oh I love Israel so much (and not just for the food)
I wanna go back... 😭

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 9:21 pm
[quote="amother Tuberose"]
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Just because you never heard anyone say it, doesnt mean nobody has.
I just thoughg your reply was unnecessary and a bit over the top for such a pareve topic as snacks.[/quote

Totally correct. Feeling ill when I see soldiers names each day and am petrified daily because we have family fighting in Gazza and Jenin, and I know families personally that have lost sons. So yeah, snacks are silly to me but I said Sorry.

Did you take upon yourself not to eat sweets or snacks while soldiers are fighting war, as a merit for for the soldiers safe return? That's noble!

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 9:33 pm
Bugles

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 10:04 pm
Popsim! Apropo!
Also the Kimmel crackers- yummm

tryingmybest100

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 10:05 pm
Cheetos!

kenz

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 10:08 pm
Those cone shaped pastries they make fresh in the shuk in different flavors, like cinnamon, halva, etc. I forgot what they’re called but they’re sooo good fresh.

amother
Acacia

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 10:16 pm
All the different coated Chinese pecans: halva, lotus, cookies n cream, yum!!!!! And shoko besakit as mentioned above!!! Also, all the super fresh savory bakery stuff like borekas, pizza rolls, etc.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 10:45 pm
Falafel!!!
Nothing like Israeli falafel
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions