Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Your favorite snack when in Israel
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 12:46 pm
What is your favorite snack from Israel?
What is one snack you miss after learning in seminary or visiting?

amother
Tuberose

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 12:50 pm
Really? Seriously? A snack you will miss? Banging head

Success10

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 12:53 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:

I'm sorry, have you tried Pesekzman??

amother
Mulberry

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 1:07 pm
Cofix
Doritos and Cheetos (they are not as fresh when imported)
Waffles and ice cream from the many different ice cream places like קצפת

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 1:15 pm
I live in Israel, but when certain family members come to visit I always make sure to have a stock of milkies in the fridge.

amother
Steelblue

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 1:19 pm
The pizza spice that comes with the pizza.

It isn't a thing here in the UK and it's something I dream about when I'm pregnant LOL

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 1:23 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:

What could possibly be wrong with this question? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Roots

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 1:36 pm
I love egozi chocolate bar

amother
Steel

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 1:45 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:

It isn't a thing here in the UK and it's something I dream about when I'm pregnant LOL

The one in Slice isn't the same

ray family

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 2:43 pm
Nothing.
I do miss snacks from the states though…

amother
Mulberry

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 2:52 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:

Most pizza in Israel beats the one we have here in the UK. Sorry for my honesty. Our pizza sucks. Taste like apple juice dough with tasteless cheese.

Expect maybe Shai pizza (it comes with the spices) or Mr Baker in Brent street in Hendon. Only good pizza here. Ok, and URI’s in SH.

(If isareli pizza is bad at least you can drown it out in pizza spices and rotev. Ugh why do I want Big apple pizza now???)

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 2:56 pm
Success10 wrote:
I'm sorry, have you tried Pesekzman??

That's something you can buy everywhere though. You don't need to come here to eat it...

I live here though I would say my favorite is ice coffee from Cappuchino (beats anywhere else by far - and I'm a maven who has tried them all Very Happy )

amother
Tuberose

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 2:59 pm
Sorry, My bad. I really thought you can get all ''specials'' in the States. You can't get Egozi there? Waffles? Whipped Cream? Dorito's? I just never heard anyone from the States (I have tons of family and friends there) who have said to me'' I really miss XYZ.'' I have heard people from the States (who live here now) say ''I can't live without my spice or certain ingred.''. I have heard women tell me they miss the shopping carts in certain shops in NY.

amother
Mulberry

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 3:02 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:
Sorry, My bad. I really thought you can get all ''specials'' in the States. You can't get Egozi there? Waffles? Whipped Cream? Dorito's? I just never heard anyone from the States (I have tons of family and friends there) who have said to me'' I really miss XYZ.'' I have heard people from the States (who live here now) say ''I can't live without my spice or certain ingred.''. I have heard women tell me they miss the shopping carts in certain shops in NY.

You can get all that but

1. It’s expensive
2. It’s just not fresh

In every country there are things that are delicious and when you are away from that place you can miss those things.

In Israel you have the convience of kosher food practically everywhere. And ice cream kiosks on every corner. An the best Schwarma.

Living here in the UK, it’s very hard every time you want to leave your daled Amos knowing you need to pack your kitchen sink or you will starve. In Israel that thought doesn’t ever the mind of most expect maybe on Pesach.

Busybee5

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 3:06 pm
That yum watermelon ice lolly! Although I think they stopped selling them Sad
Also selero's which I think they also stopped in chalav akum.
Tell me if they still sell them , I need to know because if in the unlikely event our flights aren't cancelled then maybe I'll still come just for the ices Very Happy

youngmother6

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 3:15 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
That yum watermelon ice lolly! Although I think they stopped selling them Sad
Also selero's which I think they also stopped in chalav akum.
Tell me if they still sell them , I need to know because if in the unlikely event our flights aren't cancelled then maybe I'll still come just for the ices Very Happy

They sell the watermelon ice creams everywhere. My favourite and my kids favourite

Iymnok

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 3:17 pm
[quote="youngmother6"]They sell the watermelon ice creams everywhere. My favourite and my kids favourite[/quotethough they are significantly less available in the winter.

amother
Hunter

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 3:20 pm
Shoko besakit Hiding

Busybee5

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 3:31 pm
youngmother6 wrote:
They sell the watermelon ice creams everywhere. My favourite and my kids favourite

Yay! The big ones shaped in half a watermelon. Like a soft sorbet type of ice lolly? I don't remember seeing them last time but maybe I was just going for the proper good ice creams.

lostmyoldSN

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 3:55 pm
Soleros are still around and are CY.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions