Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Would you vacation alone?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Canary

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 7:05 pm
I’m looking forward to doing it one day bezH

I’ve done some vacations at The Wave with hubby joining me for dinner and Miami sounds like a dream.

hodeez

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 7:21 pm
I would never, I wouldn't enjoy and would feel guilty the whole time. Also it's no fun without my husband to experience it with.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 7:22 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
Which location would this be? Hotel website lists Miami Beach, Surfside, Surfside West and Bell Harbor.

Surfside on the beach.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 7:40 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
Even though the grand Beach isnt a Jewish hotel for all intents and purposes, it is. There’s a Shul across the street and one block away there must be 20 restaurants. You don’t need a car at all and it’s directly on the beach.

We stayed at Grand Beach several times already. It's the hotel I'm uncomfortable with. The staff knowing that I'm alone.....

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 7:41 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
Personally I would do it but I’ve been there many times so I’m comfortable.

Unless you want an adventure or are desperate for sunshine, stay local and chill (go to deal to a nice hotel that’s cheap in the winter, go to the spa) and don’t stress yourself out.

I was in Miami already afew times, just never alone.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 8:39 pm
I'm not an alone kind of person, only ever went to the movies by myself once. For me half the fun is sharing the experience with someone dear to me. But I would go with a female friend and not dh if dh couldn't go or didn't want to.

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 8:42 pm
Personally I wouldn't be interested but my husband flew down to Florida for a day a few weeks to go to get a break. He flew early in the morning and flew back like that night. My mother does it all the time, she mostly goes for business but has gone for pleasure as well by herself.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 9:16 pm
I would and have gone to Miami alone. It’s the highlight of my year! Go for it!

613mitzvahgirl

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 9:18 pm
I’d never do it. I’d miss my family too much.

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 9:25 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
Personally I would do it but I’ve been there many times so I’m comfortable.

Unless you want an adventure or are desperate for sunshine, stay local and chill (go to deal to a nice hotel that’s cheap in the winter, go to the spa) and don’t stress yourself out.

Can you recommend somewhere?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 9:29 pm
Thanks for the encouragement! Hope it will work out & I won't lose my guts. Planning for March ih.

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 9:31 pm
Dreaming too.
Definittely could see myself doing this. But it would be wayyyy down the line, ive got toddlers and an infant bh bh

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 9:36 pm
100%. I love time by myself. I travel solo for business a lot, so I'm used to being on my own. I often go to Orlando, Texas, CA, Hawaii.... all by myself. I fly business class or first / delta one, private Uber from airport or rent a car, depending on my needs. Hotel room, far from elevator and never near vending machines or exits (quieter, safer, etc), and when I get down time, it's usually by the pool relaxing with my big straw hat and headphones in or even out to a peaceful dinner by myself. If I don't want to people or do public places, I'll get takeout to my hotel and eat on my room porch. It can be heaven! I also travel a lot with my kids and husband so I don't really miss them too much when it's just me. Mom needs a break sometimes too! Nothing wrong with that. Also, never let on that your traveling solo. If I'm in a Uber, I usually tell my husband on the phone that I can't wait to see our room, meet you in the lobby, etc. Be smart and safe...

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 10:17 pm
Absolutely! Best thing ever!! Was my most favorite vacation! Cathartic, relaxing, peaceful Smile

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 11:09 pm
I've flown alone countless times for work. No problem at all. Safer than the subway.

amother
Azalea

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 11:54 pm
I don't think I would. I get enough quiet time at home that I don't think it's necessary.

One of my most relaxing vacations was when I joined DH for a business trip before we had children. His firm paid for a nice hotel and our food, but I flew on my own and rented my own car. Every morning I enjoyed sleeping in (that bed was heavenly!) and I chose one activity for the day that I would enjoy. I don't remember everything I did, but one day I went to a chocolate factory (with kosher samples), another day I went to a museum, a different day I went to a spa, and I think I also went to the movies one day. The rest of the day I read by the pool and walked around the beautiful grounds and just relaxed. I ate dinner with DH when he was done with work and he was able to get away for a bit on a Sunday to do a little touring together. It was the perfect combination of relaxation for me without getting too bored of my own company. I've never had a vacation like that again because DH likes to keep very busy on vacation and see as much as possible. It's not usually so relaxing.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:01 am
Yes did it last year was amazing
Husband worked very hard when I was gone though

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:13 am
Is it really relaxing to go away for 48 hours if it includes plane travel?

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 12:23 am
I suspect strongly that most of us on here are introverts, and would therefore be totally fine doing this. I have done this once for my mental health and it was amazing. That was 2 years ago. My dh is simlar to me and he has taken trips on his own too. I plan to take another one in a couple months before things get too crazy with purim and pesach.
Having said that I try to keep it quiet since most people are extraverts and I feel like they wouldn't understand or like it would look like I was fighting with dh or something. As an introvert I love being married but there are times that I do miss having my own complete space, especially once the kids came along. So for me it's important to do this every once in a while.

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:25 am
amother Olive wrote:
I suspect strongly that most of us on here are introverts, and would therefore be totally fine doing this. I have done this once for my mental health and it was amazing. That was 2 years ago. My dh is simlar to me and he has taken trips on his own too. I plan to take another one in a couple months before things get too crazy with purim and pesach.
Having said that I try to keep it quiet since most people are extraverts and I feel like they wouldn't understand or like it would look like I was fighting with dh or something. As an introvert I love being married but there are times that I do miss having my own complete space, especially once the kids came along. So for me it's important to do this every once in a while.

Yes, I think this is true. Dream vacation for us is the most boring vacation for others.
I hope to go to Florida myself for a few days in Feb/March. There’s nothing I find more relaxing than being alone, on my own schedule, and doing the things I like most (listening to music at the beach, reading, journaling..).
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics