Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Foam puzzle floor mats

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 7:57 pm
Received one secondhand. It's pretty grimy. What's the best way to clean it?

busy mommy

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:54 pm
They are the worst! They attract dirt. I say to throw it out. I have one and it gets cleaned at least twice a day (mopped!) and it still does not stay clean.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 9:11 pm
What other option is there? Baby is of age to play on floor, fabric play mat is already too small, floor itself is hard and cold.

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 9:15 pm
They sell other kinds of foam mats (not the puzzle type- but like one large piece with different designs). I got one a little pricey from this small shop company I love it it’s so comfy for me as the parent to stand on (I have it near crib so it’s nice for me at bedtime)

ETA- mine is from shop called Shwally (10 percent off with kc10). They have cheaper ones tho if you search on Amazon. Just make sure non toxic and search through the reviews to see if they clean well. Mine doesn’t get yucky at all.

busy mommy

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 9:24 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
They sell other kinds of foam mats (not the puzzle type- but like one large piece with different designs). I got one a little pricey from this small shop company I love it it’s so comfy for me as the parent to stand on (I have it near crib so it’s nice for me at bedtime)

Why not just a mat? The foam gets dirty so easily!

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 9:36 pm
busy mommy wrote:
Why not just a mat? The foam gets dirty so easily!

What kind of mat are you referring to? It sounds like her baby is big already and is too big for those infant play mats. I love foam mats they feel so nice when you’re on the floor playing with your kid. Especially if you have hard floors. House of Noa makes rly nice ones but those are pricey.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 10:55 pm
I have a play mat, he rolls off it in a second. And when I have it straight on the floor, he conks his head when he rolls over. I've been putting it on top of a blanket folded in half but that's really not a great solution.

A rug would be thin like that too, and we have pets so cleaning it from the hair would be a constant hassle.

I thought the foam tiles were a great idea, especially when someone gave them to me free. Is there really no way to clean them?

amother
Dill

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 11:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have a play mat, he rolls off it in a second. And when I have it straight on the floor, he conks his head when he rolls over. I've been putting it on top of a blanket folded in half but that's really not a great solution.

A rug would be thin like that too, and we have pets so cleaning it from the hair would be a constant hassle.

I thought the foam tiles were a great idea, especially when someone gave them to me free. Is there really no way to clean them?

Easiest is to scrub down with dish soap, sponge and water in the tub or with a hose outside. Should do the trick. I vacuum mine and they keep reasonably clean.

Brit in Israel

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 2:00 am
If your shower has a pressure setting try that.
I have the puzzle mat and don't have a problem with it getting dirty. I mop them when needed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry