Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Finding out you might have just been scammed $150,000
Previous  1  2  3

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
We have given a contracter all our lives savings plus taken out a home equity loan to pay for important renovations to make our house functional and from various sources I just found out today seems like this contractor is a scammer and our money is gone. First time I am seriously considering doing something to harm myself. Can’t face anyone. Thinking about not keeping yom tov. Just want to cry.
For reference we spent 10 years saving up for this.
Just a vent. Can’t admit to anyone. Staying locked in my room.

So sorry to hear; I also was recently scammed out of 2 k, I know it’s nothing compared to 150 k, but dont beat yourself up over it

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 8:41 pm
amother DarkRed wrote:
So sorry to hear; I also was recently scammed out of 2 k, I know it’s nothing compared to 150 k, but dont beat yourself up over it

U lost 2k and you are telling her not to beat herself up losing 150k? 😳🤣

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 9:18 pm
Hi
I am totally feeling your pain . Our story is that a very conniving (non Jewish) mortgage broker/ real estate agent that was " well connected", threw around names of ppl in the community he knew, ended up changing our lives in a very big way. He used fake corporations on his documents, fake bank statements, took a down payment on a house from us that he never owned. ( fake documents were used). After all was said and done , we found out his past that was full of scams and deceit. He ended up stealing a grand total of $350,00.00 from us. When we started suspecting him , we looked into the guy more and we saw he ( with a different name) conned 30 million out of ppl in another neighborhood ( Brossard, Qc.) By collecting money for a project and declaring bankruptcy the minute he was supposed to start building. He lies like he breathes. Point is, the only thing that has kept me SANE in the last few years since it happened is the thought and belief THAT NOBODY CAN TAKE ANYTHING FROM US WITHOUT HASHEM DECREEING IT! I've gone thru every emotion in the book and have found comfort only in that belief. All the " we should have done this, we should have done that....doesn't help the situation. If It is decreed above that you have to go thru this loss, it'll happen. Sad but true. Craziest thing is that this conniving manipulative conman is free on the streets to continue his schemes. Here in Canada, they're very lenient on these type of crimes. May Hashem keep us strong and may he punish that man for all the pain he's brought to people. Amen.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics