Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Blood pressure crazy high because of $
Previous  1  2

amother
Carnation

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:21 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
Bitachon bitachon bitachon. Can’t say it enough times
Learn it constantly
I had such bad anxiety I was medication for years!
When I started my emuna and bitachon journey it all changed
I am still in a significant amount of debt but I have literally zero worries. I’m not exaggerating. We just don’t worry about it

What does bitochon mean to you. That hashem will..... what?

amother
Almond

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
Probably not, I get around 6 hours a night, assuming the kids sleep ok. But that’s not so fixable in the near future.
If you're the main breadwinner can dh take responsibility for the night's?

amother
Oleander

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:34 pm
OP I wish I had good advice but your post is so painful to read. You sound like you’re trying so hard to keep it all together but you are only one human being. I can relate about BP because I had it for many years not really due to finances per se, more due to severe anxiety depression and ocd. My Dr was pushing me to get on Bp meds and I didn’t want to add anything else to the cocktail of meds I take so I tried diet and therapy nothing worked. Interestingly enough I started taking brisk 45 min walks every evening by myself and last time I was checked my bp was actually perfect I was in SHOCK. I don’t know of it’s feasible for you OP just a thought of you’ve tried everything else.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 7:49 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
I struggle with high blood pressure.

My 2 cents, if it's worth anything-
Get more sleep
Cut the coffee, you can try green tea and see if it helps.
Maybe take a vitamin b complex morning and early afternoon to help you keep going. Stress makes your body burn through lots of vitamin b quickly so supplementing may help you feel better. Thorne and Premier Research are 2 brands with good quality vitamins.
Vitamin k strengthens the arteries and can help bring down blood pressure
This really helped me a lot. Every morning, I take 1 fresh lemon and squeeze it. Then put 2 tablespoons into a cup with warm water. Add 1 tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar with the mother. It really helps when I do this daily.

I also struggle with HBP and would hate to go on meds with all horrible side affects.

I need coffee because that's the only way I can go to bathroom. Without it, I'm constipated 😞

Someone once mentioned Magnesium Citrate. Any thoughts?

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 7:53 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
I also struggle with HBP and would hate to go on meds with all horrible side affects.

I need coffee because that's the only way I can go to bathroom. Without it, I'm constipated 😞

I am on BP medication and have no side effects aside for lower blood pressure

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 7:55 pm
amother Almond wrote:
If you're the main breadwinner can dh take responsibility for the night's?

Yes, every time he is in between jobs he in theory agrees to wake up at night with the baby, which works except for the times I have to get out of bed to wake him up, remind him how to make a bottle, etc

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 7:55 pm
amother Aqua wrote:

What medication?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 7:57 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
OP I wish I had good advice but your post is so painful to read. You sound like you’re trying so hard to keep it all together but you are only one human being. I can relate about BP because I had it for many years not really due to finances per se, more due to severe anxiety depression and ocd. My Dr was pushing me to get on Bp meds and I didn’t want to add anything else to the cocktail of meds I take so I tried diet and therapy nothing worked. Interestingly enough I started taking brisk 45 min walks every evening by myself and last time I was checked my bp was actually perfect I was in SHOCK. I don’t know of it’s feasible for you OP just a thought of you’ve tried everything else.

I do get my exercise, I walk to and from work most days (1 mile) unless weather is unbearable. It also helps me get some stress out and clear my head.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 7:58 pm
amother Aqua wrote:

BH but have heard many people get sick years later CV. So please stick to non generic if possible

latte

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 8:04 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
BH but have heard many people get sick years later CV. So please stick to non generic if possible

There are so many bp meds. Which one are you referring to?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 8:07 pm
latte wrote:

Don't have specific one in mind. Just know many people who were on some generic form and few years later got sick. I believe it's a listed risk. Anecdotally I find it to be high

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 8:44 pm
latte wrote:

Losartan

amother
Pearl

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 8:50 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Don't have specific one in mind. Just know many people who were on some generic form and few years later got sick. I believe it's a listed risk. Anecdotally I find it to be high

Are you saying people get sick from using generic drugs?

I find that very strange since insurance generally pays only generic so majority people are taking generic medications.

Wouldn't everyone be sick by this calculation?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 8:56 pm
amother Pearl wrote:
Are you saying people get sick from using generic drugs?

I find that very strange since insurance generally pays only generic so majority people are taking generic medications.

Wouldn't everyone be sick by this calculation?

Unfortunately many people in society get sick.
Not everyone is on generic BP meds

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 9:39 pm
I'm assuming giving your DH an ultimatum about going on ADHD meds is not an option?

It doesn't sound like the job itself is the issue (many people work long hours) but more the fact that your DH is so unpredictable and that everything is all on your head and it's too much for one person.

amother
Aster

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:24 am
Do you take your BP at home?

Sometimes in Drs offices its high and home its lower.

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:30 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:

Its a good start. You can prob take 400mg or even more, divided into 2 or 3 doses daily. Make sure you are drinking enough water. Walking also helps get things moving.

That's prob the 3 least invasive things to start with. At some point, you may have to address what you eat and how it effects your body, but nobody wants to hear about that, myself included lol.

meyerlemon44

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:46 am
amother Honeydew wrote:
I'm assuming giving your DH an ultimatum about going on ADHD meds is not an option?

It doesn't sound like the job itself is the issue (many people work long hours) but more the fact that your DH is so unpredictable and that everything is all on your head and it's too much for one person.

100% agree

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 10:07 am
amother Oleander wrote:

Walking every night helps me too! So relaxing to go walk every night. Literally clears my mind

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 12:32 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Walking every night helps me too! So relaxing to go walk every night. Literally clears my mind

Does it lower your blood pressure ?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics