Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Costa Rica vs Miami beach

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 2:07 pm
Hi,

My friends and I go every year to Miami for a short vacation. We love Miami since it's very easy and have everything nearby. No shlepping any foods since we have nice few kosher restaurant and groceries. Uber is cheap and ez to get etc.
This year we were thinking of going to Costa Rica cuz 1 of the travel agents suggested it. He said it's much nicer than Florida. Cheaper hotels.
Does anyone know how it compares to Miami? It's very important to us to have kosher food easily available. And a variety. We need a beachfront hotel and would like it to be with yidden around since we're a little scared.
Any suggestions, input would be appreciated.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 2:17 pm
I feel like food aside it’s a totally different vacation vibe. Are you guys adventurous? Are you looking to do the zip lining and go hiking? Or are you just looking to sit on the beach and eat out?

amother
Lotus

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 2:22 pm
Costa Rica is more of an adventure vacation, vs Miami is more of a relaxing vacation. But Costa Rica is becoming more popular. Ask the travel agent about food. There's something, but not much & way more expensive then Miami.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 2:24 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
I feel like food aside it’s a totally different vacation vibe. Are you guys adventurous? Are you looking to do the zip lining and go hiking? Or are you just looking to sit on the beach and eat out?

No, we are absolutely not looking for adventure. We just wanna relax by a beach. That's most important for us now.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 3:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
No, we are absolutely not looking for adventure. We just wanna relax by a beach. That's most important for us now.

I see no reason to go to Costa Rica and honestly don’t know why it would even be on your radar

amother
Snowflake

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 3:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi,

My friends and I go every year to Miami for a short vacation. We love Miami since it's very easy and have everything nearby. No shlepping any foods since we have nice few kosher restaurant and groceries. Uber is cheap and ez to get etc.
This year we were thinking of going to Costa Rica cuz 1 of the travel agents suggested it. He said it's much nicer than Florida. Cheaper hotels.
Does anyone know how it compares to Miami? It's very important to us to have kosher food easily available. And a variety. We need a beachfront hotel and would like it to be with yidden around since we're a little scared.
Any suggestions, input would be appreciated.

I have relatives that went so I know kosher food is available in some location(s) but I can assure you it is not going to be a variety.

tichellady

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 3:40 pm
Costa Rica doesn’t sound like what you are looking for. Maybe Cancun

amother
Lightblue

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 3:54 pm
Cancun sounds more what you’re looking for. Look into Hyatt playa del Carmen, gorgeous pools and beach, there’s a kosher restaurant in that hotel, plus a few others in the area. Platinum grill, ember, moshe vibe, maspan (milchig) two smokers , some of the restaurants

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 3:57 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
Cancun sounds more what you’re looking for. Look into Hyatt playa del Carmen, gorgeous pools and beach, there’s a kosher restaurant in that hotel, plus a few others in the area. Platinum grill, ember, moshe vibe, maspan (milchig) two smokers , some of the restaurants

Thank you!
Isn't Cancun way more expensive? Miami is relatively cheap. Tickets are cheap, we usually paid around 150. Hotels are decent priced. Wondering how it would compare.

amother
Lightblue

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 4:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you!
Isn't Cancun way more expensive? Miami is relatively cheap. Tickets are cheap, we usually paid around 150. Hotels are decent priced. Wondering how it would compare.

Flight is more, but hotel is similar I think and most of the restaurants are much cheaper

amother
Melon

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 4:09 pm
If you are worried about safety and want to be around jews go to miami

MiriW

Post Fri, Dec 29 2023, 5:19 pm
You aren't always guaranteed warm weather in Miami, the past two weeks have been cool and not so sunny. If your vacation is closer to end of Feb, it's more of a guarantee that you'll get beach weather.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics