Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
OBSESSED with Red white and royal blue movie
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 6:54 am
Gosh - again a thread where others come to rip someone to pieces. I don't generally watch movies certainly not movies like OP described and don't plan to start but OP came on here with a statement. She likes a particular movie. It helped with her issue but she needs more help and now people are tearing into her. This thread is mean! Is imamother not supposed to be a safe space to feel seen understood and heard? There is nothing wrong with you op. Such judgement - if you can't meaningfully contribute then go to another thread. You don't HAVE to post. You can read and take yourself away. I wouldn't have posted on this thread since I have nothing meaningful to add. I'd take myself away but then the negativity and attacking. I've been attacked op on imamother like this so I understand. It's just pure cruelty.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 7:55 am
OP, I’ve watched the movie. I actually thought it was quite boring but the other replies are making you out to be a bad person for watching a movie with *gasp* gays in it. I think everyone needs to calm down.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Dec 31 2023, 10:41 am
amother OP wrote:
So from now on I need to measure every single word I write? please is this what I deserve?
Do you really wanto take away from me the last place I feel comfortable sharing my thoughts?
You know what lock the thread if this is what makes you happy... never judge someone before you know what they are going through.

First off- since last night I thought about it and I apologize for hurting your feelings. I could have just reported without commenting or I could have commented nicer. I hope you find a place to discuss your feelings and come out stronger and more comfortable with yourself and your upbringing.

I thought twice before reporting the thread and I decided to do so for a few reasons.

1: the sites has been absolutely out of control the past while with all kinds of sx threads and I thought that this was gonna be the next thing just a step further.

2. I was and still am shocked that someone would obsess over this. To me that seemed like they were pulling my leg.

3. This site does have rules. The rules are that we dont discuss things that are anti halacha. LGBT relationships are againts halacha and glorifying it to the point of obsession is anti torah. Im pretty sensitive to this now since most of the world has been ramming the LGBT agenda down our throats for the past few years and I didnt want to see it on a frum site.

4. There is a balance between being accepting and non judgemental versus standing up for Hashem and truth and I am still working out what that balance is. I wont always get it right and perhaps online is not the place for me to do it. I did consider what I would say if this had been an in person conversation and I think I probably would have said something in person also but maybe not and maybe I would have just ignored it and maybe I should have done that here as well. also tone online comes across harsher and maybe that alone is a reason to just say nothing. Either way, its something for me to think about.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics