Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Funny (or not so funny) things we do
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

NechaMom

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 12:15 am
cnc wrote:
I needed some things from the drug store immediately after I came home from the hospital after giving birth.
So basically I had a two day old baby - complete brain fog, could barely walk straight and I was insistent that I need to go to the store because “I needed air”. My mother who was watching my newborn tried to talk me out of it and telling me that she or someone will do the shopping but I guess I’m more stubborn than she is.
So off I went to the drug store down the block in house slippers and I think a snood. I filled up a shopping basket with whatever I needed and since I obviously couldn’t think straight - left the store swinging the basket with the stuff inside . (Not bagged and not paid for ). By the time I reached my house I was wondering why the basket didn’t look or feel right…

When my baby was a week old I needed something from the store one evening and didn’t have anyone to get it for me so I left my newborn with the baby nurse - put my shoes on and ran over to the store. I walked in and wondered why a 9 or ten year old boy was walking around with Chinese slippers - I chalked it up to “maybe he has an invisible disability and his mom didn’t want to fight with him”… . However as I went from aisle to aisle I noticed that most people had an interesting choice of footwear- I was a bit confused until I smacked my head for not realizing that it is Tisha bav- and the only problematic footwear in the store are my leather shoes…

Rolling Laughter
I need the end of the story with the basket. I hope you sent someone else to take it back. Too mortifying!

amother
Wandflower

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 12:52 am
Made sweet and sour salmon for Shabbos but I forgot to put in the main ingredient....lemon juice! Took me a while to figure out why it tasted so different than usual Can't Believe It

Tao

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 12:54 am
amother Wandflower wrote:
Made sweet and sour salmon for Shabbos but I forgot to put in the main ingredient....lemon juice! Took me a while to figure out why it tasted so different than usual Can't Believe It

And there I was expecting youto say, ".....the salmon!" LOL

amother
Wandflower

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 12:55 am
Tao wrote:
And there I was expecting youto say, ".....the salmon!" LOL

That would be funny! LOL

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 4:07 am
amother Tulip wrote:
Another funny thing my husband did ( but rly not funny rly it’s mortifying ) someone at work went to the bathroom and my husband was waiting to use it so he asked “r u making a dirty ?” He has no idea how tht came out , prob bec he’s so used to asking the kids . I told him to quit and never go back but he didn’t .

OMG, I laughed so hard from this one Laugh Laugh
Seriously could not breathe.

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 7:32 am
Once put a nice cheesy lasagna in the fleishig oven by mistake.
Came back to the oven after half and hour to find the lasagna in the wrong oven, but it was all ok, because I had forgotten to switch on the oven!

DH gets dressed in the dark - because I'm usually still sleeping. He once came back from shul to find that he had put on his head my son's velvet kippa which a silver rim of alef beit round it with all sorts of colorful squiggles.

dankbar

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 7:52 am
For this shabbos, I made 2 broccoli kugels, one for this shabbos and one to be placed in freezer for next shabbos, only after shabbos there was a foul smell in my kitchen, and found the second kugel stayed in the oven over shabbos, that wasn't turned on.

Mindfully

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:04 am
amother Ginger wrote:
I strained the chicken soup...

Into the sink.

I carefully do things like that

Mindfully

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:15 am
amother Snowdrop wrote:
I was on the phone with DH while shopping and I was pretty distracted. One of the things I was buying was a block of margarine. Got home and realized that the margarine I specifically remembered taking off the shelf wasn’t there. I was extremely confused and margarineless so I ran back to the grocery store. I grabbed a stick of Margarine and went to pay. I reached into my purse to get my credit card and I pull out a stick of margarine 😂 I somehow stuck the original stick of margarine in my purse instead of in my cart. I burst out laughing and the cashier thought I was nuts (well, he wasn’t wrong).

Love that one. Reminds me of today, getting out the car while talking to DH on the phone, got all my packages and pocketbook but couldn't find my phone. Took me a while to realize it was tucked under my chin still. Problem is, that I do this all the time.
Take out salt, put on counter and minute later cant find it. Right in front of my nose.

Mindfully

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:16 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
I did the Same! Can't Believe It

I've taken home other peoples phones too many times!

tweety1

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:20 am
I sat into a car front seat next to my husband only to realize ooops wrong car wrong husband😱

Queen Of Hearts

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:28 am
Mindfully wrote:
Love that one. Reminds me of today, getting out the car while talking to DH on the phone, got all my packages and pocketbook but couldn't find my phone. Took me a while to realize it was tucked under my chin still. Problem is, that I do this all the time.
Take out salt, put on counter and minute later cant find it. Right in front of my nose.

Your SN LOL LOL

Mindfully

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:35 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
I did the Same! Can't Believe It

I've taken home other peoples phones too many times!

Mindfully

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 10:39 am
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Your SN LOL LOL

I'm a work in progress. My sn is there to remind me. If I look!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 11:55 am
I work in a school some days a week. Today, I walked out and stood there, unsure where to go. I had forgotten where I parked my car. I started going to the right and I heard the security guard laughing. He said , "I gonna charge you two tousand dalla to tell you where you parked" and he pointed to the left.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 2:31 pm
amother Clear wrote:
OMG, my stomach hurts from these Laugh

As for me, I once looked for my phone in my bag after I'd been out. I found a phone, that was not mine! I then looked in my coat pocket and found my own phone. But had literally NO CLUE whos' the other phone was, and how on earth had I ''stolen'' a phone without even knowing it?!! I literally thought I had lost my mind or become a seasoned kleptomaniac overnight!

After calling dh and wracking my brains for all I was worth, a call with a name came in on the mystery phone, and I had to awkwardly stutter my way through explaining my story- and it suddenly hit me that the only place I had taken my phone out was at the corner grocery, and perhaps I had taken my own phone -and also the phone belonging to the person at the desk! (the phones looked identical) I asked the woman if her husband worked at the grocery, and sure enough he did.

Arggh, I'm cringing as I type this out. I had to return and explain my 'theft' TMI , and yes, this guy still works there over a year later, and I can't just avoid my corner shop, it's too valuable to me embarrassed

You're lucky you werent arrested!

True story: A bachur was in airport returning to Israel. Passed security, and as he was packing up his stuff, the guy asks him 'is this your phone?' he looks and says yeah, and puts into pocket. The phone looked like his and in the rush, he forgot that he had already packed his phone away. Goes to the gate, a few minutes later police come and arrest him.

cnc

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 2:36 pm
NechaMom wrote:
Rolling Laughter
I need the end of the story with the basket. I hope you sent someone else to take it back. Too mortifying!

Absolutely not- no way I was gonna admit to my mother that she was right and going to the store was a crazy idea. (Hi Ma, 👋 it’s been over ten years so I guess it’s fine if you read this now …). I nonchalantly walked back to the store and started walking (pretending to look ) through the aisles while trying to maintain my balance and then went to the counter and paid for the items as if nothing had happened.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 2:40 pm
amother Pear wrote:
I was shopping at the corner grocery and accidentally took someone else's shopping carriage. I was loading it with stuff and didn't realize till I saw a man walking around the whole store with a bag of frozen broccoli in his hands and the most puzzled look on his face.

I've done this soooo many times. So embarrassing.

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 2:50 pm
I was once out with my one year old and one month old. By the time we got home, both were screaming. In my stressed, overwhelmed state I placed the one month old on the floor with a bottle and picked up the one year old to nurse. It took me a good few seconds to figure out why both were still screaming.

amother
Springgreen

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 2:51 pm
My DH brought home a delicious lunch for me and left it on the counter… my cleaning lady thought it was for her and took it
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics