Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Working in a daycare vs my own playgroup
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:54 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
Pros of daycare:
Social life
No mess
Can take off
No take home work

Cons of daycare:
Less money
Always work
Have to leave house

Pros of playgroup:
More money
Stay at home
More days off if follow school schedule

Cons of playgroup:
No social life
Mess is in your house
Have prep
Have to find subs

I personally love getting out of the house. Yes I'd get paid more if I did a group on my own but I'd also have the headache of dealing with parents and dealing with finding subs, also would have a mess to clean up and wear and tear on my toys and house

You can't take off left and right and leave parents without childcare. It's extremely not menshlicht.
People do it, doesn't make it right.

I like how you summed it up. I am a bit worried about the social aspect... I don't need a lot of it, but being without adult company the whole day might be hard...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 8:57 pm
I'm leaning towards maybe doing a group of ten for $600 a month.... Can I wait till pesach time to decide for sure? Or will it be hard to get filled up if I wait that long.

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 1:24 am
I'm making 4300 a month in a daycare, I know I can make more at home but it's also a big responsibility on you at home if chas veshalom anything happens and you alone. I also can take off and they find me a sub if I ever need to

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 7:26 am
amother Glitter wrote:
I'm making 4300 a month in a daycare, I know I can make more at home but it's also a big responsibility on you at home if chas veshalom anything happens and you alone. I also can take off and they find me a sub if I ever need to

What age?
What hours?

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 7:37 am
amother Cognac wrote:
What age?
What hours?

Newborns 9-3:15

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 8:05 am
amother Glitter wrote:

How many years are you working there?

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 8:22 am
amother Glitter wrote:
Newborns 9-3:15

Is this a new daycare?

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Jan 08 2024, 8:57 am
amother Cognac wrote:
Is this a new daycare?

No

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 1:22 pm
amother Glitter wrote:

That's not to bad.... Do you know if this is the typical pay in a daycare? Is this after a few years? Do you know if they would allow/and how much they would take off of the pay if I have dd with me (he can be in another class). Is this yearly - like through the summer?

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 1:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
That's not to bad.... Do you know if this is the typical pay in a daycare? Is this after a few years? Do you know if they would allow/and how much they would take off of the pay if I have dd with me (he can be in another class). Is this yearly - like through the summer?

Sounds like a lot...I don't think anyone in the daycare I work at gets that much

Do you have chs? If not you will have to pay...maybe they'd give you a better deal then outsiders

They're open 12 months but most morahs work 10 or 11

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 1:26 pm
This is going to sound out of the box, but if I could, I would rather work in a 4 year old class in my kids school that potentially gives me a tuition discount and I am on their schedule. Also no diapers and bigger kids who are slightly more independent.

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 1:26 pm
amother Glitter wrote:

How much per hour?

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 1:31 pm
mha3484 wrote:
This is going to sound out of the box, but if I could, I would rather work in a 4 year old class in my kids school that potentially gives me a tuition discount and I am on their schedule. Also no diapers and bigger kids who are slightly more independent.

She has a 2 year old, if she works in her older girls school(assuming she has one)she would have to find a babysitter for her 2 year old. That is why she is looking for something to do that she can take her kid with her.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 1:33 pm
I guess with older kids, if I could pay less for their schooling to me that's more worthwhile. But everyone has to make their own chesbon. Was just an idea.

amother
Glitter

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 6:27 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
How much per hour?

Comes out to 37.5$

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 7:01 pm
amother Glitter wrote:
Comes out to 37.5$

Wow I get much less, like $3600 a month...about $30/hr which I thought was good pay for watching babies
Everyone at your work gets paid so much?
Do you know if that's typical rate?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries