Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Help me write a letter to my daughter - starting shmoneh esr

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 8:47 pm
She’s starting shmoneh esraih and the teacher asked the mothers to write a letter to our daughters conveying a message of inspiration, a story, etc
I have issues with davening due to my upbringing and being forced to daven etc and having a hard time writing why shmoneh esraih is special
Can anyone help me?
My daughter is 8 by the way…

imasinger

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 8:51 pm
Not everybody has a story.

How's this?

"Dear DD,

I'm so proud of you for reaching this milestone, and for learning all 19 brachos in this special tefilah. I davening that it will mean much to you, and that you will find strength and comfort in it."

You can leave out the part that says, "because I never felt that way". That's your life, this is hers.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 9:16 pm
imasinger wrote:

How's this?

"Dear DD,

I'm so proud of you for reaching this milestone, and for learning all 19 brachos in this special tefilah. I davening that it will mean much to you, and that you will find strength and comfort in it."

You can leave out the part that says, "because I never felt that way". That's your life, this is hers.

That’s perfect, thanks so much!
I don’t want her knowing my past Smile I daven with my little ones….I sing their songs they do by morah

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 10:49 pm
imasinger wrote:

How's this?

"Dear DD,

Love this. I wrote similar for both my girls. They are mildly different personalities but both very spiritual so I added a bit more of a personal touch to each.

They absolutely loved it bh!
Formal davening for me is very very very hard. I have dyslexia and Kria is still brutal to your day. All good anxiety and pain I struggled thru, without supportive parents. 😢

I talk to hashem in my own words all throughout the day. I know He hears me.
I just hope my kid have a better relation with the siddur. (And bh I do see it bh bh bh!)

scintilla

Post Tue, Jan 09 2024, 11:23 pm
imasinger wrote:

How's this?

"Dear DD,

Love this, and you can add a line about how Hashem is always listening and wants to hear your tefillos.

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:23 am
I had to do this for my daughter and she loves that she still has it. I wrote something like, don’t forget Hashem is always there for you, you can ask Him anything you want. Even if you think no one understands, He does and He loves you.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 6:11 pm
Thanks again for all your help!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics