Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Interesting things happen to certain people??
Previous  1  2

Do certain people have crazy/interesting/funny things happen to them more than others?
Yes  
 86%  [ 117 ]
No  
 11%  [ 16 ]
Other. Please explain.  
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 136

ectomorph

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 4:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
The original poster opined that the interesting stories happen to "writers and speakers". Not regular people.
The question is if its true, or if the writer just has a regular life but manages to find the humor in things, or perhaps tell them over in a humorous way?

What's a writer or speaker? I write, not for money and not for importance, just for fun. That makes me a writer. As for being a speaker, is the same thing. You volunteered to speak, you rapidly became the person people think of as speaker. Assuming you're not completely disastrous at it.

Sometimes I'm a boring writer, is one of the qualifications that you have to be interesting? There are plenty of boring speakers.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 1:03 pm
When both my pediatrician and my therapist tell me that I have way more strange things happening to me than other people do, I tend to believe it.

I'm not the attention seeking type.

amother
Camellia

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 5:30 pm
Delete

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 7:54 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
Chaotic people attract chaos.

That’s no necessarily true and opens up room for blame instead of compassion.

zaq

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 9:43 pm
What einikel said.

amother
Lavender

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 9:51 pm
amother Arcticblue wrote:
My life has been a series of all sorts of events. a bunch of friends / relatives passed away through thought my childhood. I witnessed crazy things by being in wrong place at the wrong time. Etc.

I used to share but when my sister in law mentioned that she thinks I make up stories for attention, I realized that the amount of crazy/ unusual/ sad things that happened to me or people I knew is unusually high and that people wouldn’t believe me anymore. So I no longer share with anyone besides my immediate family who witnessed what I’ve been through etc.

I have a cousin who has no stories to tell, just a basic simple life , and I truly envy her.

Same.

amother
Fern

Post Sat, Jan 13 2024, 11:48 pm
I was once talking to my sister on the phone on speaker and she made me pause mid sentence because she being all dramatic like something big, dangerous and scary just happened turns out it was just over a spilled cup of coffee my son in the room laughed and said " that's women" because I'm like that too when my drink spills. I correct my son. That my family not all women, we are on the dramatic side. (Can you tell from this post? Wink

I think some people have more life experiences than others. If you stay in one place same boring job your healthy it's very different then if your taking more risks, if you travel often you see interesting sights, drive often see more accidents.

Three kids into my marriage life was not perfect. I was listening to a friend of mine I hadn't spoken to in a while I felt we pulled apart her life was boring and the discussion felt so shallow. She just had her second with a big age gap. She had money and life was easy sail for her. She had a hard time seeing other views because she didn't have life experience b"h.

Lovable

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 2:47 pm
Some speakers Make up stories

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 4:46 am
Everything happens to one of my kids. The other kids are more chill. Sometimes wreckage, or broken bone, or even positive things like meeting someone famous.. it’s always this kid. I try not to single him out for it. He once told me he must be a tzaddik because he keeps getting crazy booboos and Hashem tests the ones he loves.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics