Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Traveling makes me wish I didn't keep kosher
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:57 pm
amother Tulip wrote:
Traveling makes me thank Hashem I'm Jewish!

I always look at all the restaurants and gag. Like who knows what quality ingredients they put into the food? The quality of the meat? Such a mix of smells, so nauseating!

It feels good that when I go into a Kosher eatery I know the greens are checked and the blood is out of the poultry Wink

I like to travel to random places, and yes we live those days on Mezonas bread, tuna steak and salami. I can freeze a soup or two, too. I focus on the beauty of Hashem's world and then we come back and enjoy the delicious dinners at the local Kosher places.

Trust me, if you would work in hashgacha you would gag in kosher places too Very Happy

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:59 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
I have this feeling sometimes at the mall. All those eateries smell sooooo yum! And I'm existing on the granola bar I brought along...

When I was younger and we went ro the mall, we would get a fountain Coke or Sprite or Fanta and maybe a chocolate bar, and stand in front of the Cinnabon window and watch and smell and dream.

Twenty years later, I found myself in the American Dream mall. I am not a fan of crowds or having to be where everyone else goes. I don't need the big attractions. But we eat chalav stam in the US, and getting to stand myself and my kids in front if that Cinnabon window and then buy and eat.... that's something. Getting to go to a candy store and scoop and buy, getting to choose from fleishig or milchig hot food... I think a big part of why people can make an event of going there is the ability to stop and grab food.

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:02 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
Trust me, if you would work in hashgacha you would gag in kosher places too Very Happy

I know, my father is in the industry and I hear a lot of inside info. but nothing to compare to what I read from a prominent Bal Machsher -

When he was at Mexico or Brazil (cant recall which one) he was asked to give an hashgacha at a smoothie stand. Everything looked okay, until he asked the guy something like 'how do keep the black dots from the strawberry so real?' the answer? 'Rabbi, its a secret we don't tell anyone, bc it keeps us better than our competition, but Ill share it with you. we take tiny aunts and we blend it. that gives it the sharp color'

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:04 pm
I'd love to be able to do a full grocery shopping in Walmart. I'd save so much money. Kashrus is my second hardest mitzvah.

tichellady

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:07 pm
It’s ok to feel this way and you don’t need to pretend that you don’t

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:14 pm
I definitely hear you. I go through stages but I will never forget how nice it was to just go to any restaurant, anywhere, in my past. I don’t regret being kosher, I love that I’m frum. I just have a little “aww” feeling sometimes because of the limitations. I feel the same way when I’m lying on a beach, basically fully dressed, and I think about how easy it would be if I didn’t have to worry about my tznius on the beach and feel self-conscious about what the other people there are thinking. I stand out.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics