Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What makes YOU feel rich (s/o what makes you say they're ric
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:45 pm
amother Starflower wrote:
If I had money in investments and had extra fluid 100k cash in my bank account, I would feel rich lol.

Then you wouldn't only feel rich, you'd actually be rich Smile

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:15 pm
Having a generous assortment of different kinds of tea to offer guests. New towels. Having the teller at the bank call me by name. Wearing a brand-new hoodie that's still fluffy on the inside. Serving soup at a soup kitchen.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:16 pm
If/when I wear designer.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:24 pm
When I give more than the required 10% massur.

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 12:08 am
Being able to replace anything that breaks in the house, even if it's not a necessity.
Eg: our nespresso started malfunctioning, but was still technically working. I went online and bought a new one immediately because we can afford it and why use a malfunctioning machine?
A few years ago I wouldn't have been able to do that without waiting and budgeting. Heck, we didn't even have a nespresso!

Buying nice quality toilet paper. (My mother never did, it was too expensive)

Getting another hotel room when we're on vacation and not sqeezing into 2 rooms for our whole family.

tichellady

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 12:54 am
Buying berries because I am in the mood

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 6:50 am
Unfortunately I have a lot of financial anxiety and even when I do spend on treats and things that aren't absolute necessities, I can't enjoy them fully. I don't ever feel financially rich at all. Objectively speaking I am not rich. On the other hand, when my family is all together, we are healthy and everyone is behaving themselves, I do feel that my cup runneth over. I wish I knew how to make the feeling last longer.

amother
Banana

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 7:21 am
amother Wheat wrote:
Unfortunately I have a lot of financial anxiety and even when I do spend on treats and things that aren't absolute necessities, I can't enjoy them fully. I don't ever feel financially rich at all. Objectively speaking I am not rich. On the other hand, when my family is all together, we are healthy and everyone is behaving themselves, I do feel that my cup runneth over. I wish I knew how to make the feeling last longer.

I also have financial anxiety!

But I feel rich or blessed the most when my children dh and I are walking on Shabbos or yt as a family…

Recently we needed a new couch because ours is peeling like crazy. We got a couch and also redid the lighting and paint in the room. I felt very grateful to be able to afford that!

amother
Tanzanite

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 3:40 pm
Being able to pay for our necessities (not luxuries) and bills not have a negative balance in the bank account. Bonus if there is a bit left over for emergency repairs, etc.

Out to Lunch

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 3:46 pm
Zip lock bags

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 4:29 pm
Buying my 7th baby new clothes.
My beautiful green weekday shoes

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 4:37 pm
Massage

Driving a car with all 4 tires fully inflated 😂 (just replaced 2 this week, but I finally got rid of that annoying orange hazard light on my dashboard IYKWIM)

Brand name shoe collection (all second hand carefully sourced 😜).

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 4:48 pm
Being in kollel without a stipend and without financial support, making it through the month with some money left over, being able to buy all my kids new clothes and shoes without using gemachim, and recently being able to buy a new oven without a payment plan and without going over the month's budget!

top mom

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 5:06 pm
Out to Lunch wrote:
Zip lock bags

That actually also somehow makes me feel like I'm doing something right with my life 🙃

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 5:11 pm
amother Wheat wrote:

We are based on this thread actually rich, and I feel the exact same way, I have long concluded that happiness has to come from within, You can not imagine how much anxiety I have about money when we are really doing very well
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics