Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Hosting a meal and I need to chill out
Previous  1  2

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 5:34 am
I’m a perfectionist and go above and beyond when it comes to hosting, and I definitely get stressed in the “final hour” when there’s so much to do and not enough time

That being said, I do love it which is why I keep doing it

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 5:46 am
I get so anxious! Since I had chronic health issues and haven't had as much energy I stopped hosting, it's too much for me to get everything tidy and cook like I used to, and I just can't bring myself to lower my standards! It's sad, and I'm working on it, hoping the health issues will resolve in time too and I can go back to my busy, organized self!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 7:22 am
This is so validating!!

I guess it is stressful. Especially if you aren't used to doing it all the time.

It's funny to me because I grew up in a house with guests almost every week and my mother never stressed out.

It's definitely a self-imposed pressure. I know that nobody really cares, and I know that I make good food. Gotta get over myself Can't Believe It

spikta

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 1:14 pm
We host a lot, almost every shabbos and practice makes perfect - not that your food will be better or your house will be cleaner (our house was definitely cleaner a few kids ago Wink ) - but you will be calmer about it. When it's something you do infrequently it becomes a big deal.
I love it when people host us, and I don't care a hoot if their food is up to par or what their house looks like. I'm just so happy to have a break!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics