Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Share your 'dysfunction'!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:41 pm
amother Silver wrote:
My shabbos dishes wait to be washed until Monday when my cleaning lady comes. 🙈 I just hate washing dishes!!

Mine too most of the time but dh does rinse and stack them nicely. I hate washing dishes but dh doesn't mind sonic it's really bad he'll just do it.

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:52 pm
My list is soooooo long....here we go...

1. I never clean my makeup brush - because I don't own one. I don't ever wear makeup except for a drop of lipstick I put on just before Shabbos.

2. If I don't do the dishes right after Shabbos then I don't do the dishes til...I won't say when...

3. I feel asleep in my clothes way too often. My boys fall asleep in their clothes Friday night and I really don't mind.

4. I never change my linen but lucky my husband does. My girls all wash their own linen and my boys are learning to do it.

Ok, I'll stop there

Tao

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:52 pm
amother Mintgreen wrote:
When we don't have guests there's no main course Friday night.

I make a huge pot of soup with kneidel, tons of veggies, and a whole chicken. No one is ever hungry after that anyway. If someone is really hungry two bowls of soup will fill them up.

Meanwhile, I stopped serving soup because I got tired of changing the kids beds every shabbos morning.....how to avoid this? My second LOOOOVVEESS chicken soup he'll eat like 5 bowls if I let him....which is about 7x the size of his bladder.....

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:55 pm
I don’t work. Sometimes I can spend the whole afternoon in bed. I only do that if no one is home . Dh works from home so it only works if he goes out. I also have older kids who can sometimes be home so it doesn’t happen often.

Even if my house looks clean, the insides of my closets and drawers- even fridge and freezer are cluttered and messy. I wish someone taught me how to be neat. I simply don’t have the skills.

Tao

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:56 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
I stick dirty tissues under the cuff of my sleeve after use, till I find somewhere to throw them out.

Does anyone else do this? My kids think it's horrific. My mother and her mother always did it - I guess I learnt that's the only or best place to put them.

Hi Mom! Hi
Just kidding. My mom doesn't know how to use the internet LOL LOL
She does this all the time! (But yes, I do think it's gross, lol. Whenever we went anywhere growing up that there wasn't an eruv, she'd say before we left the house, "Do you have any tissues up your sleeves?" and I'd roll my eyes and be all, "NO-ONE does that besides you, Mom!" LOL )

Busybee5

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 3:08 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
I stick dirty tissues under the cuff of my sleeve after use, till I find somewhere to throw them out.

Does anyone else do this? My kids think it's horrific. My mother and her mother always did it - I guess I learnt that's the only or best place to put them.

No it's old fashioned 😂 my grandmother did this too.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 3:31 pm
Do the tissues under sleeve people live on the lower east side? I saw a few people from there who do that.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 3:37 pm
LOL, most of the above, and a few more too.

Maybe I qualify for the actual dysfunctional thread, and not just this jokey version!

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 3:45 pm
I hate making supper. I’m married for a very long time . Maybe I wouldn’t mind if I made something and everyone ate it.
I usually have to prepare 3-4 different meals. And I hate it.
One person won’t eat fleishigs- ever.
One person won’t touch anything with melted cheese.
No one will eat fish.
One won’t eat pasta.
Only dh likes chicken on the bone. Kids won’t touch it.
I’m really stuck, stuck, stuck.
You will often find me looking at the freezer section checking out some ready made food that can make my life easier.

Busybee5

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 3:52 pm
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
Do the tissues under sleeve people live on the lower east side? I saw a few people from there who do that.

My very British grandmother did this (maybe she still does!) May she live until 120. It's an old lady thing as far as I know!

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 3:55 pm
I skip breakfast and sometimes eat cookies and coffee for dinner.

And sometimes I kids eat eggs and waffles or French toast for breakfast and sometimes they eat snacks.

Last edited by SuperWify on Mon, Jan 22 2024, 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 4:01 pm
Tao wrote:
My kids ride bikes in the house. The couch doubles as a fortress and trampoline. I have only boys and basically no rules about the house; if it ain't broke yet it's probably made of titanium. I pick my battles and don't allow things that are dangerous. If no-one can choke or get a concussion, I just look away.
I'm strict at other people's houses though, constantly telling my boys not to stand on chairs, jump on couches, and take off their shoes if they're wet. So we save the dysfunction for our own home LOL LOL

Can I come over and play?

Tao

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 5:27 pm
amother Violet wrote:
Can I come over and play?

Sure, if you can find somewhere to sit. My couch is long but glancing at it I can see it's taken up by: aleph bais sheets, a yarmulka, a lego instruction booklet, the kids' helmets (you can ride in the house, but helmets are not optional. Chairs and bookshelves and dishes can be replaced; heads can't), books and a big box (I think I'm going to open a side business selling boxes of every shape and size one of these days.)

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 7:01 pm
I hate making supper. I’m married for a very long time . Maybe I wouldn’t mind if I made something and everyone ate it.
No one will eat fish.
One won’t eat pasta.
You will often find me looking at the freezer section checking out some ready made food that can make my life easier.

My sister in law makes 3-4 different suppers a night but she loves to cook. My sister just makes 1 supper and tells those who dont like it to make a sandwich/take a bowl of cereal. I have young kids, so they havent realized there could be any other option yet!

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 7:07 pm
Omg my mom does the same! I can’t handle it!

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 7:17 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
Letting my toddler walk around with a blaring loud MP3 player! People love it though. A bit of music on the go can't harm.

Don't mean to be a party pooper, but I actually hate when parents let their children disturb the peace like this. Jewish, not Jewish. Whether it's a tablet, music player, video or game.

If it's a situation where I can just pass by, that's one thing. But if I'm in a restaurant or airplane.... Banging head

Headphones people. Headphones.

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 7:20 pm
I have a lock on almost everything in my house:
doors, cabinets, double bathroom locks, drawers, light switches
Light switch locks are the best invention, by the way
It saves my sanity every shabbos with my DC special needs

amother
Latte

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 8:14 pm
I disagree that everyone has some level of dysfunction, there are some people that are fully functional in every aspect.
To those saying they hardly change linen if there are no obvious stains thats really gross. Reminds me of a time we were staying at someones house and smelled the dirty linen from the hall area.
Bodies smell and linen must get washed often.

amother
Eggshell

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 8:17 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
Before I read the thread, my first response was sympasic pubic dysfunction Very Happy IYKYK!!

my other dysfunctions are-
I never ever wash dishes. I have a cleaning lady three times a week, sometimes four, and dishes wait for her.
I'm pregnant and brushing my teeth makes me too nauseous, so I just don't.

Oh God. We need a spinoff. Who else suffers from that while pregnant?

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 10:18 pm
No one will eat fish.
One won’t eat pasta.

SAME HERE!! every kid likes something else. sometimes my kid will eat 3-4 pieces of a chicken bottom then cookies or junk food or noodle soup often...
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics