Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Shampoo for little girls curly hair

HeroMommy

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 1:10 pm
DD 3 year old has a full head of curls. I don't wanna spend $$$ for shampoo for such a little kid. anyone has recs for a well priced shampoo thats good for curly/coily hair?
or if you had a very good experience with an expensive shampoo that you think the money was worth spending

scruffy

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 1:14 pm
Shea Moisture kids line is very good.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 1:18 pm
I think you can use Pantene shampoo and conditioner for her, just be careful not to get it in her eyes. Look for the dry or curly formula. You could also use the regular baby shampoo, but you need to use conditioner. For me, the most important part was using detangling spray with silicone (we used Suave Kids) and a very wide comb several times a week to combat tangles. I used soft fabric scrunchies to make a pony tail and we air dried her hair. My hair is the same very curly type. I also use a leave in product for myself.

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:05 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
I think you can use Pantene shampoo and conditioner for her, just be careful not to get it in her eyes. Look for the dry or curly formula. You could also use the regular baby shampoo, but you need to use conditioner. For me, the most important part was using detangling spray with silicone (we used Suave Kids) and a very wide comb several times a week to combat tangles. I used soft fabric scrunchies to make a pony tail and we air dried her hair. My hair is the same very curly type. I also use a leave in product for myself.

Can you clarify?
Sauve Kids detangler? or leave in conditioner?

I'm using baby shampoo for my not yet 2 year old. I do a leave in conditioner to help with the brushing. Her hair is not yet long enough for a pony, it blows up like a afro but is not that tight popcorn curls.
How young do you start conditioner?

I just ordered this today, to use in the mornings when I brush. Any experience with this?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gar.....09330

HeroMommy

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:09 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
I used soft fabric scrunchies to make a pony tail and we air dried her hair.

so the scrunchies I also use, I find it really helpful- holds hair without getting tangled.

HeroMommy

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:11 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
Can you clarify?
Sauve Kids detangler? or leave in conditioner?

How young do you start conditioner?

I just ordered this today, to use in the mornings when I brush. Any experience with this?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gar.....09330

I started conditioner by abt. 2 years. the serum I personally found to be too oily for my hands I hated using it but my sis swears by it- I guess its personal preference

EstyEF

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:15 pm
My and my daughter have very curly hair…

Depending on how curly and dry her hair is (the curlier the less shampoo you need in general) you could try just washing with apple cider vinegar and using some sort of moisturizing conditioner. I find Pantene gold series very good and reasonably priced.

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:30 pm
HeroMommy wrote:
I started conditioner by abt. 2 years. the serum I personally found to be too oily for my hands I hated using it but my sis swears by it- I guess its personal preference

Hmm. Ok for the six and half dollars and the order is already placed, it'll be a surprise.

amother
Clematis

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 2:48 pm
You really need to use conditioner.
Also only ever brush her hair wet.

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 3:28 pm
We like the Aussie Kids curly line. Not expensive and was the best we found for DD. (Their adult line is also great now that she’s a bit older).

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 3:33 pm
I also used aussie kids products. Shampoo and conditioner in the bath, tangle spray and water spritz bottle in the morning, mousse when I want it to look extra nice.
Every kids hair is different, so you might get different results.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 3:59 pm
Conditioner. Dry hair well before going to bed.

Only brush when wet, you can spray with a detangler in the morning when you make her hair. Johnson and Johnson’s is great.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 4:14 pm
Love Cantu for mine and my daughters hair. Really budget friendly

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 8:05 pm
I used the Suave detangler and Pantene Conditioner either with Pantene shampoo or J and J brand baby shampoo. Working the leave in spray in with a wide tooth comb made all the difference and air drying kept the curls fluffy more than frizzy.

newinbp

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 9:22 pm
There’s a book called curly kids it’s by the same author as curly girl. It’s great. Talks about diff curls and how to take care of them. Your local library may have it or used on Amazon. Hatzlacha!

CPenzias

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 10:16 pm
Curl wow. It's fantastic

CPenzias

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 10:18 pm
CPenzias wrote:
Curl wow. It's fantastic

It's not cheap by any means but it's been working with my daughter.
https://colorwowhair.com/colle.....-hair

snowflake1

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 9:50 am
At that age, I use the Johnsons leave in conditioner it is actually curly girl approved which I didn’t know about in those days but it works really well has a good smell and it made brushing through there hair painless
You cannot compare this to the detangling spray
Now that my daughter is older we use more expensive products
Although, if anyone knows of something curly girl friendly that I can replace diva curl conditioner with I am looking for that cause I’m not sure if it’s pulling out her hair
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers