Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What do yeshivish and chassidish people do in fl?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Burntblack

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 1:50 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
Curious for those who won’t go to Florida in the winter, do your husbands come with your family on any trips when it’s warm where you live or they stay behind? The places we go in Florida I see people dressed the same way they are when we go on any family friendly summer trip in NY/NJ.

No, my husband won't go to Manhattan or similar in warm weather either. (Maybe for an appointment but not for a pleasure trip)

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 2:00 pm
amother Burntblack wrote:
No, my husband won't go to Manhattan or similar in warm weather either. (Maybe for an appointment but not for a pleasure trip)

I’m not talking about Manhattan or water parks. I’m talking about a playground or hike or a farm or Dutch Wonderland where I meet half the yeshivish world. All places we see people in shorts and t shirts which is what we see people wearing we go in Florida in the winter.

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 2:01 pm
amother Burntblack wrote:

My husband tries to avoid Manhattan in the summer, but does go to Florida during the winter. I find that the pritzus in Manhattan during the summer, is way way worse than in Florida. We actually don't see that many non jews when in Florida.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 2:08 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
I’m not talking about Manhattan or water parks. I’m talking about a playground or hike or a farm or Dutch Wonderland where I meet half the yeshivish world. All places we see people in shorts and t shirts which is what we see people wearing we go in Florida in the winter.

The places you mentioned are all places we specifically go to BECAUSE you won’t see the same level pritzus. Like you may see shorts, but not short shorts etc
Dutch Wonderland in particular has a policy re appropriate dress. Obviously not our standards but a standard nonetheless.
For hikes we choose ones which aren’t popular.
And most activities we try to do on days when public schools are in session so again, not teeming with people.

GLUE

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 2:29 pm
We go to the Pine Barrens for vacation('Smile')('Smile')

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 7:24 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
I think these days Orlando gets more the yeshivish crowd. Big house with private pool. For us it doesn’t get better. In Miami a private house with 6-8 bedrooms would be a fortune. In Orlando I get stunning houses for under 3k for 5 days. It’s the best

But Orlando isn’t that warm in the winter.

Also, even if a house has a private pool that doesn’t mean the neighbors can’t see.

cnc

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 7:46 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
My husband tries to avoid Manhattan in the summer, but does go to Florida during the winter. I find that the pritzus in Manhattan during the summer, is way way worse than in Florida. We actually don't see that many non jews when in Florida.

I always wondered if in Florida, the schools tell the students that they can't visit NY for vacation....

For those with the attitude that "Florida is pritzus", Florida is a nice big state with many nice frum Yidden there!

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:11 pm
Yeshivish family here
My son keeps regular rigorous learning schedule. He learns outside in a private place enjoying the weather and the palm trees.
My husband and son even enjoy the walk to shul in Florida , it’s just such pleasant weather as opposed to driving in the snow.
We go walking on the boardwalk /pier at night , and enjoy watching the empty ocean.
We go to botanical gardens. And other nature sites.
We recently went to the Everglades 70% of the other tourists were yeshivish or Chasidisha families all dressed tzanua.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:40 pm
When I was in Florida we went to watch sunrise at the beach and it was amazing. The kids enjoyed the sand, finding shells, and it was empty. We were there from 6-8am.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics