Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
NEW Update: Yochanan Meir ben Shira Yisraela
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 12  13  14  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:06 am
amother Geranium wrote:
I had a nicu baby who was also cleared medically for a bris in the NICU but they did not allow the mohel to come since covid policies. It was so so hard as I felt like he needs his bris the moment he is medically able to have it.
I then came to the realization (with ravs help) that it wasn't yet the right time for him even though he was cleared medically since the hospital did not allow our mohel to come. "in the right time" means a lot of things and if your hands are tied then this is not the right time.
You sound like an amazing mom and person and your baby is lucky to have you.

Thank you so so much for this perspective, it really helps. I really appreciate it. đź’›

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:06 am
Big hugs!!!

Is there no Frum doctor in the system that you are in who is also a Mohel? Would that be an option? My neighbor is a professor associated with your hospital and he may know of someone who can help you (he's in the public health field so he has those kind of connections). Feel free to message me for his number.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:09 am
amother Cobalt wrote:
Big hugs!!!

Is there no Frum doctor in the system that you are in who is also a Mohel? Would that be an option? My neighbor is a professor associated with your hospital and he may know of someone who can help you (he's in the public health field so he has those kind of connections). Feel free to message me for his number.

Not frum doctor with privileges at this hospital (that we know of Sad). If you’re comfortable posting your screen name I can PM you - thank you for the offer - otherwise not sure how I could do that as we are both anonymous. Can you post the professor’s name?

amother
Sand

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:13 am
amother OP wrote:
Ladies please daven…we are now having issues with insurance. He was medically cleared for a bris but for liability reasons, the hospital doesn’t want to do it with a mohel on hospital property. We told them we are happy to sign liability waivers, but they as of now do not approve it. The doctors did give clearance for a brief “leave of absence,” meaning we could bring Little Birdie home, give him a bris, and then turn right around and go back to the hospital immediately thereafter. Now apparently the insurance is denying that option for whatever reason.

According to his primary doctor, the main issues with the bris are now bureaucratic; the reason he still needs to stay in the hospital for several more weeks has more to do with his feeding issues than anything else as long as his breathing, heart rate, etc stay stable. He’s not medically cleared to go home yet, but he is OK to have a bris (and of course the non jewish surgeons and urologist keep suggesting that they can do it…”the rabbi can say the prayer while we do the circumcision procedure in the OR”…We’re like no thanks).

Rahhhhhhhh.

”the rabbi can say the prayer while we do the circumcision procedure in the OR”
Lol

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:14 am
amother OP wrote:
Not frum doctor with privileges at this hospital (that we know of Sad). If you’re comfortable posting your screen name I can PM you - thank you for the offer - otherwise not sure how I could do that as we are both anonymous. Can you post the professor’s name?

I WhatsApp messaged you! Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:14 am
amother Sand wrote:
”the rabbi can say the prayer while we do the circumcision procedure in the OR”
Lol

I know right? Kind of like “I’m sure the Rabbi blessed this [treif] food and made it kosher.”

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:46 pm
UPDATE: BH BH Little Birdie was cleared for a brief “leave of absence” from the hospital, so he could have his bris! He will still be hospitalized for the next several weeks for feeding and other issues, but chasdei Hashem both the mohel and medical team declared him healthy enough for a bris.

Please continue to daven for a refuah sheleimah for Yochanan Meir ben Shira Yisraela b’karov so he can come home (hopefully without needing additional surgeries)!

Goldengoose

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:48 pm
MAZEL TOV!!! May he keep growing and getting stronger and bring you much joy and nachas.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:59 pm
MAZEL TOV!

ksheim shenichnas lbris kein yikaneis ltorah lchupa ulmaasim tovim

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:59 pm
Mazal Tov!!!

yidishmamma

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 1:00 pm
Mazel tov!! You and your husband should see loads of nachas from him!! And you should be able to bring him home fast healthy!!

cbsp

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 1:01 pm
Mazal Tov! I saw that the thread title changed and started crying.

May Yochanan Meir ben Shira Yisraela have a refuah shelaima Bkarov and may he grow to be a source of nachas for your family and gantz klal Yisroel Heart

scintilla

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 1:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
UPDATE: BH BH Little Birdie was cleared for a brief “leave of absence” from the hospital, so he could have his bris! He will still be hospitalized for the next several weeks for feeding and other issues, but chasdei Hashem both the mohel and medical team declared him healthy enough for a bris.

Please continue to daven for a refuah sheleimah for Yochanan Meir ben Shira Yisraela b’karov so he can come home (hopefully without needing additional surgeries)!

Mazal tov mazal tov!! And a beautiful name for him!! He should bring a lot of light to you and your family. And continued improvement to his health.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 1:02 pm
Wow!!! What amazing news! Mazal tov!!!!
May he have a speedy recovery & be able to go home fast!

honeymoon

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 1:04 pm
Mazel Tov!

What a beautiful name! May you see lots of nachas from him and may he light up your life in good health!

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 1:31 pm
A Maccabbee name. He'll be a fighter for sure 💪💪💪🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 1:33 pm
amother Moccasin wrote:
A Maccabbee name. He'll be a fighter for sure 💪💪💪🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

He is definitely a strong fighter BH! Things were very uncertain for the first several weeks of his life, but chasdei Hashem he is pulling through!

He was originally due a week before Chanukah, so his bris would have been erev Chanukah had he been born then.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 1:34 pm
Amen amen amen!! Thank you all so much!!
ברוכות תהיינה

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 2:10 pm
Mazel tov!! I was so excited to see the title change!!!!!

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 2:10 pm
This update made my day!
Page 8 of 14   Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed