Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I won a few giveaways AMA
Previous  1  2

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 1:37 pm
I always want to enter the giveaway ads that are appealing to me on Instagram but don't know how to go about entering it. TMI

Help me please. TIA

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 1:38 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
I always want to enter the giveaway ads that are appealing to me on Instagram but don't know how to go about entering those. TMI

Help me please. TIA

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 1:39 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
I always want to enter the giveaway ads that are appealing to me on Instagram but don't know how to go about entering it. TMI

Help me please. TIA

The instructions are usually posted. Just like the giveaway post. Follow the necessary accounts. Tag the required number of people

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 1:39 pm
Who do you tag? Do they get annoyed?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 1:45 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:
Who do you tag? Do they get annoyed?

I tag my other giveaway accounts, DH, and two of my SIL’s accounts which are specifically for giveaways. I’m against tagging people without their permission, so no, they don’t get annoyed.

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:11 pm
Sorry for my naivety; Dunno how to tag people on their accounts.
What does that even mean?

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:19 pm
I think giveaways speak against using your 'alternate giveaway' acct and tagging yourself. do you feel bad doing so and winning?

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
I tag my other giveaway accounts, DH, and two of my SIL’s accounts which are specifically for giveaways. I’m against tagging people without their permission, so no, they don’t get annoyed.

Oh! So that's how you do it.
I don't really know anyone on Instagram who I'm close enough to tag without being considered socially off. So I only enter giveaways that didn't require tagging. Never thought of tagging myself in a fake account

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 5:38 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
I think giveaways speak against using your 'alternate giveaway' acct and tagging yourself. do you feel bad doing so and winning?

Yes maybe ask them if they’re ok with you doing that. I would feel really bad taking a prize when I didn’t enter the way I was supposed to.

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 5:50 pm
Why did the photographer refuse to honor the prize?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 5:54 pm
amother Hawthorn wrote:
Only if you're bored and not worried about getting addicted. It can be a big time waster

Yeah that's what worries me.

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 5:54 pm
I hate these giveaways and I hate being tagged.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 6:07 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:

Really? I hadn’t heard that. I know a few people who are influencers and they all know I’ve been entering giveaways this way and no one said anything about it

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 6:10 pm
amother Lightcoral wrote:
Oh! So that's how you do it.
I don't really know anyone on Instagram who I'm close enough to tag without being considered socially off. So I only enter giveaways that didn't require tagging. Never thought of tagging myself in a fake account

To be fair, they’re not really fake accounts. One is an account that I created with the intention of going into business but I lost interest in said business. The other account is my first IG account through which I still keep in touch with Sem friends. These accounts all existed previously but their primary purpose these days are for giveaways

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 6:11 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
Yes maybe ask them if they’re ok with you doing that. I would feel really bad taking a prize when I didn’t enter the way I was supposed to.

I can certainly ask. Never knew it was a thing not to be able to use alternate accounts

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 6:13 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
Why did the photographer refuse to honor the prize?

She did the giveaway to gain followers. Once that was achieved, she had no interest in wasting her time on a freebie. It took a while and a lot of money (prepping for the photoshoot) until I realized that she had no intention of honoring it. Found out later she did it to others as well

kenz

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 6:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
She did the giveaway to gain followers. Once that was achieved, she had no interest in wasting her time on a freebie. It took a while and a lot of money (prepping for the photoshoot) until I realized that she had no intention of honoring it. Found out later she did it to others as well

😳 sounds like something that anyone participating in a contest with her should be made aware of.

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 7:52 am
amother NeonOrange wrote:
As someone who has never been on Instagram and doesn't know much about it, would you say it's worth joining for the freebies?
I know you weren't asking me, but I'm going to answer anyway. No, it's not worth giving up hours of your time on social media so that you might have a chance of winning a few snoods or a photography session that was really not being given to you. Or even donuts or a culinary course. Your time is worth more than the chance to possibly win some of those things.

Roots

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 9:07 am
hey OP im so happy for you!
hope you win more and come back to share with us Very Happy

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 2:00 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
I know you weren't asking me, but I'm going to answer anyway. No, it's not worth giving up hours of your time on social media so that you might have a chance of winning a few snoods or a photography session that was really not being given to you. Or even donuts or a culinary course. Your time is worth more than the chance to possibly win some of those things.

Thanks, this is what I thought. I appreciate your honesty!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics