Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
What may seem like a curse, a mistake, is indeed a Blessing!
Previous  1  2

Pineapple

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 9:56 am
Chosid mom - they are adorable KA"H - may you have much yiddishe nachas from them

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 9:59 am
Ok, since you twisted my arm, here are the other two (chlomid kids):

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 11:31 am
Tefila wrote:
Green don't put me on a platform I'm tall enough as it is Tongue Out . Share a story or something along these lines.

come on - don't I get credit for at least responding first Confused

tefila so you want inspiration too ... hm ... well ... hm ... I was going to be traveling to ny and as usual I try to do a little hishtadlus and put some work into my car before a long sojourn ... in this case it included putting on 2 new tires and changing the spare ... already on the highway we heard some noise but dismissed it for a pebble or some such nothing ... went upstate still heard noise and tried to see but to no avail ... brought dd to airport ... everything still appears to be fine ... went with my sonnyboy to pick up his stuff in yeshiva in lakewood and the noise suddenly got very very loud ... we were nervous and said we will check it out when we get there ... we did not have that opportunity because the entire wheel flew off the axle and we were in what could have been a dangerous accident on the busy (3 + 2) 5 lane highway ... we were miraculously okay ... while it seemed so much like a "curse" we both took it in stride and felt so much hashgocho behind the entire scenario ... including that the day before we should have left but we spent the day davening at the lubavitcher rebbe's ohel ... not having left at night - not on a sunday - not with my mother in the car - not in the middle of the boondocks - near lakewood where I recently met amother named sunshine! who so graciously opened her house overnight while the car was repaired ... it was all indeed a "blessing" - my sonnyboy and I both feel strongly ... Hashem heard our tefilos - thank you HASHEM !!!

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 11:51 am
That's some story! B"H all is well!

Tefila

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 1:20 pm
Chosidmom much nachas Ba"h Smile
Quote:
come on - don't I get credit for at least responding first

Awesome storys, hodu lhashem Smile

Oh Green psssssss you know it did boost my ego the answer you gave Tongue Out Tongue Out
But I was scared that my head would get swollen since all I actually did was post, not perform these miracles
Thanks though anyways Wink

Motek

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 2:12 pm
yo'ma wrote:
I have something about my son, but since anon is disabled Exploding anger --- Banging head --- What

The thread was moved and now you can post anonymously, but ... there's a good chance we'll know it's you Wink

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 9:18 pm
ok so heres a question:
In all those stories of pregnancies saving someone's life, If Hashem wanted them to catch the disease and made them pregnant for that reason then why did he give them the illness to begin with?

answer: a lesson to be learned? that nothing is coincidence, that everything is from Hashem and that he is the one controlling things.
anyone want to add?

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 9:30 pm
Motek wrote:
yo'ma wrote:
I have something about my son, but since anon is disabled Exploding anger --- Banging head --- What

The thread was moved and now you can post anonymously, but ... there's a good chance we'll know it's you Wink

thanks, that's true Wink , so maybe after maybe a few amothers post, if they do.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 10:36 pm
ok I'll be amother for you yo'ma...........

only I have nothing to say What Tongue Out

GAMZu

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 11:18 pm
EstiS wrote:
ok so heres a question:
In all those stories of pregnancies saving someone's life, If Hashem wanted them to catch the disease and made them pregnant for that reason then why did he give them the illness to begin with?

answer: a lesson to be learned? that nothing is coincidence, that everything is from Hashem and that he is the one controlling things.
anyone want to add?

The reason why Hashem gives anybody any disease is totally mysterious to us. We can in no way guess or speculate. There are reasons that stretch way above anything our intellect is capable of grasping. But He also, in Rachamim, gave the person a tool to minimize the negative impact of the absolutely necessary illness.

ChossidMom, they are all too adorable! Very Happy

Green, whoa, you didn't specify such details on your thread! The wheel totally flew off? shock That is so scary!

Amother, LOL !!

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 11:24 pm
True..I didn't mean to imply we could figure out why he gave the disease, I guess I'm just thinking too much.
I asked the question in my thoughts originally thinking that I sounded like something of an apikores in questioning Hashem's motives. I was trying to come to terms with the thought that "well if you don't want her to be sick then don't make her sick to begin with."
But yes you are right, we don't know why Hashem does what he does but obviously it's something she had to go through for whatever reason.

how did you do that dividing line between comments?

GAMZu

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 12:02 am
Quote:
how did you do that dividing line between comments?

Aha! I will do better than just explain. You can give a man a fish, or you can teach him to fish. Wink If you want to know how to do a certain trick you see in a certain post, click Quote on that post and you will have your answer. Very Happy

Ima'la

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 8:04 am
There's a story (forget the details) of a man who came to a rabbi and said, "I now believe in G-d because I fell off a cliff and G-d saved my life." The rabbi responded, "Ah, but who pushed you off?"

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 9:05 am
Imala, that is the famous story, told by Reb Noach Weinberg, about the guy who came to Aish and told him that he and God are very close (and so he has nothing more to learn). When Reb Noach asked how he knew, he explained about getting flung off a mountain while riding his bike and how nothing happened to him. At that point Reb Noach asked him who he thought flung him off the mountain.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 11:27 am
My Bubbe was supposed to by flying internationally for her nephew's bar-mitzvah (many years ago) and had her ticket booked and was ready to go. She was double checking the ticket and saw that there was a stop over in Germany and told my grandfather that she wouldn't fly if she had to stop in Germany since the Nazis had murdered her entire extended family. Everyone tried to persuade her that she didn't even have to get off the plane but she refused to go and missed the flight. The plane that she had a ticket to be on exploded over the ocean/crashd (not sure which) and there were no survivors.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 11:42 am
My father was having terrible pain from kidney stones on one of his kidneys. He decided to have them broken by laser, a simple, easy, painless procedure. To make sure that he didn't have them on his other kidney, they checked it out (sonogram or something). It turns out he had a tumor on the other kidney. It was malignant so they took the whole kidney out. BH that was 8 years ago and besides for pain from the scar, he has no complications from that. If not for something trivial (although painful) like the kidney stones, he never would have known.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 12:01 pm
As a teenager, I was a mother's assistant to someone who was bed ridden. She and her late-in-life toddler got into a terrible accident, B"H the baby was ok, but she hurt her back. While they were doing all the tests, they found a horrible tumor, that if left untreated, would have pressed on her spine and caused her to lose her ability to walk. B"H they found it early enough to do surgery, so while she was on bed rest for I think 6-8 weeks, she was B"H fine after that.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 1:17 pm
I thought of one that involves me. Wink It's not really a curse, but, what the hey!

This past pesach we went to a hotel. I didn't really want to go, but I didn't have that much of a choice shock . In the end, I made a friend from there and she got me a job. Very Happy
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational