Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Top Baby's non- sleep movement
Previous  1  2

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 5:55 pm
Here is my latest trick I get a bottle at around 10pm. I make sure to fall asleep after only 1-2oz, then wake up 20 minutes later and don't go back to sleep until around 2
When Mommy wakes me up at 8 I make sure to scream and get mad for being woken up and getting dumped in the car.
Then at 9 when we get to the baby sitter I fall asleep until at least 1. The babysitter loves me that I sleep during the morning scream time.
When Mommy picks me up I am ready for play time.

BH Yom Yom

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 1:42 pm
It’s super important to ONLY agree to one adult holding you at any given time. You can switch off and keep them guessing, which is fun! But make sure that you go at least a week straight of ONLY being willing to let Mommy OR Daddy OR Grandma OR Zaidy hold you, and be sure to fuss and protest vigorously when anyone else tries to hold you, feed you, change you, put you down for a shluf…I don’t know why the PC (preferred caretaker) can’t just skip eating, showering and going to the bathroom for the duration of their PC status. Seriously, it’s not rocket science, people!

top mom

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:23 pm
Hey Babies Hi
Should I request a separate private forum for teething?
I don't feel comfortable with the fact that newborns, who have absolutely no teething knowledge, are just listening in to us discussing this super sensitive topic.
The only plus side to teething is that Mommy gets way less sleep than usual, yes it's possible, and that she changes my drool- drenched outfits more often.
But I hate teething!
Any commiserations here,babies?

BH Yom Yom

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:26 pm
top mom wrote:
Hey Babies Hi
I don't feel comfortable with the fact that newborns, who have absolutely no teething knowledge, are just listening in to us discussing this super sensitive topic.
The only plus side to teething is that Mommy gets way less sleep than usual, yes it's possible, and that she changes my drool- drenched outfits more often.
But I hate teething!

This should totally be moved to a private forum. Teething is such a nuanced experience that requires sensitivity; and newborns are just starting out, we don’t want them to come away with a misunderstanding of this momentous process!

scintilla

Post Sun, Feb 04 2024, 2:26 pm
top mom wrote:
Hey Babies Hi
But I hate teething!

My only advice is to not give in and grow that tooth just yet. Get a good few solid months of kvetching, raised gums and no sleep before producing the goods. You'll just be subject to a photoshoot once it's out anyways!! And remember, no pain, no (less sleep for Mommy) gain.

As for the newbies (just what I call them) don't they need to learn too? How else will they effectively terrorize their mothers in a few months?

MommyM

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 6:48 pm
Thanks fellow imababies for these wonderful tips. They are working very well over here. I kept waking Mommy very often last night. Then, this morning I pretended as if nothing happened and was all smiley. (Of course, she looked very tired, but aren't all mommies supposed to be?)

For the newbies amongst us, I want to share my newest tip... When Mommy puts something in your mouth, (she calls it food, but I don't believe her... food is only when we nurse or get bottles, right?), do NOT swallow it. It's a trick. I heard Mommy telling Tatty that she's trying to get me to eat it, so I will wake her up less during the night... we can't let that happen.

Uh oh, Mommy's trying to put me to bed now. See you all later, while I try to protest this.

scintilla

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 6:57 pm
MommyM wrote:
Thanks fellow imababies for these wonderful tips. They are working very well over here. I kept waking Mommy very often last night. Then, this morning I pretended as if nothing happened and was all smiley. (Of course, she looked very tired, but aren't all mommies supposed to be?)

For the newbies amongst us, I want to share my newest tip... When Mommy puts something in your mouth, (she calls it food, but I don't believe her... food is only when we nurse or get bottles, right?), do NOT swallow it. It's a trick. I heard Mommy telling Tatty that she's trying to get me to eat it, so I will wake her up less during the night... we can't let that happen.

Uh oh, Mommy's trying to put me to bed now. See you all later, while I try to protest this.

Stay strong!! The night is yet young and untainted with parental mental (hey that rhymes, must be a coincidence) breakdowns!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics