Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Jersey care reapplication how long to hear back

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 4:39 pm
I had to renew at the end of December. It’s now almost mid February and still no word. When I called they said the application is being reviewed. I just want an answer already. Anyone else still waiting?

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 4:42 pm
You can email them for an update but if you still have insurance coverage then why are you worried?

If you renewed end of December then it’s only been a bit over a month.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 4:47 pm
I also renewed and never officially got an answer but I got my new insurance cards mailed, so I guess they got my recertification..

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 5:08 pm
I renewed months ago and never heard anything. Not a thing.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 5:13 pm
I mean you can figure out for yourself if you're going to qualify based on the income charts. The only question is how long they'll take to get back to you.

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 6:22 pm
only heard back for one of my children. it's been over 2 months for me and my other kids.
I called and they said it's still processing but meanwhile our insurance has lapsed.

I called and asked and they said in case of an emergency I can tell the ER my application is still processing lol. meanwhile I have a bunch of appointments one of my children needs that I can't get since we don't actually have insurance anymore.

oh and the one that did get re-approved doesn't start having coverage again until until March.

their whole system is insanely slow and frankly ridiculous.

for someone who said just to check the requirements: I can't get on marketplace insurance either until they officially reject my application since the open enrollment period passed, so it doesn't help that I know what my status *should* be based on income. (they also will give you discounts based on your threshold so you have to wait for that anyway).

I'm so frustrated

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 7:05 pm
I got knocked off without any letter from medicaid. But get covered did send me a letter.

Might be worth a call to find out what's going on
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics