Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Please help me make my 10 month old schedule

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:35 am
Gets up about 7, drinks a bottle and then eats breakfast

He usually naps 2.5-3 hours after he gets up, around 9:30/10:00 and sleeps till about 12

Eats lunch, plays, takes a bottle
Sometimes takes a 2nd nap from 2:15-3:00

Wakes up, plays some more, another bottle, supper around 5 and then bath/bedtime about 6:30/7

Here’s the problem - he wakes up a few times a night and doesn’t always go back to bed nicely

What can I change during the day to fix this? He can wake up at 8:00,11:00, and then usually sleeps till 5:30 sometimes later if he gets up so early I’ll give a bottle and daven he falls back asleep Smile

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 5:41 pm
Bump

sarahph1

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 5:45 pm
sleep train to break the habit
its sounds like a great schedule

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 12:39 am
sarahph1 wrote:
sleep train to break the habit
its sounds like a great schedule

He doesn’t take a paci so it’s very hard to sleep train

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 7:42 am
Any ideas how to break this middle of night wake-up without paci to soothe him? I’m exhausted

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 7:46 am
It's possible he's not tired enough to sleep well at night. Can you try a layer bedtime, like 730/8? Try to think of other reasons he might be waking up. Is he hot, cold, stuffy, thirsty?

up high

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 7:55 am
I have the same age baby. I put in toys and a bottle in the crib. If she wakes up she could take the bottle and go back to sleep or play until she falls back asleep.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:22 am
amother Winterberry wrote:
It's possible he's not tired enough to sleep well at night. Can you try a layer bedtime, like 730/8? Try to think of other reasons he might be waking up. Is he hot, cold, stuffy, thirsty?

No, he’s exhausted and falls asleep in minutes when I put him in

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:23 am
up high wrote:
I have the same age baby. I put in toys and a bottle in the crib. If she wakes up she could take the bottle and go back to sleep or play until she falls back asleep.

I’ve tried the bottle, sometimes it works and sometimes he throws it and not interested in it

amother
Daylily

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 8:49 am
Make sure he gets 2 naps during the day so he isn't overtired. Maybe try starting the second nap a bit earlier or later to make sure he gets it.

Does he get a bottle before bed? Try giving an extra one then, in the hopes that he will get more nutrition during daytime hours.

doughnuts

Post Thu, Feb 08 2024, 9:56 am
The second nap is crucial. Try to get him to take that nap any way you can. Then you can put him to sleep at night when he’s tired but not overtired which is super important if you want to teach him how to fall asleep independently and back to sleep independently when he wakes in middle of the night. In all he should be getting at least three hours of daytime sleep in total.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics