Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Just bought groceries for the week
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 6:26 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
interesting, they're not a cheap store.

I’ve priced it out. Bingo is comparable with most things. NPGS can be similar as well (their meat and chicken is more expensive). Evergreen may be slightly cheaper on some things, more expensive than others.
Almost all other stores are more expensive.
If you shop deals, and supplement once in a while from bingo for the paper goods, I think it’s the same as the other stores

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 6:28 pm
I do get produce at Trader Joe’s sometimes and their flowers are beautiful and the most affordable

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 9:10 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
I’ve priced it out. Bingo is comparable with most things. NPGS can be similar as well (their meat and chicken is more expensive). Evergreen may be slightly cheaper on some things, more expensive than others.
Almost all other stores are more expensive.
If you shop deals, and supplement once in a while from bingo for the paper goods, I think it’s the same as the other stores

That is pretty interesting. I also compared prices. To me Bingo was atleast 20-30 cents cheaper per item. Plus their produce was much cheaper.

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 9:48 pm
Olive oil became very expensive. Unfortunately I don't buy olive oil anymore. Only canola

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 9:50 pm
A big bottle of olive oil is $50 in local groceries

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 10:07 pm
Puppies wrote:
I’m a big Aldi fan. I get fruits/ veg there as well as cereal, paper towels, toilet paper etc.

Walmart delivery for household items, Baking needs, oil

I don’t use Costco- I find it so easy to overbuy because everything looks so good/is much cheaper that I walk out with a full cart even if I only came in for a few items. For the things I really like from there, I ask a friend to purchase for me when she goes- garbage bags, parchment paper, tin foil. These are things I only need once in a few months.

Kosher stores for milk, cheese, bread, meat.

Same about Costco- I use a family members account to order online (paper towel, diapers, plastic goods, apple sauce pouches etc).

When I walk in there I feel my money evaporate! It’s good value but I buy too much of things I don’t need.

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:06 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
I guess you are in Israel, right?
If 600 NIS is USD 163 then groceries really seem to be through the roof. Groceries were always cheaper in the US compared to Israel. Always.
Something is wrong with America...

When we don't do mishnat yosef, we spend similar here in israel. Inflation is worldwide

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:16 am
What I find is the biggest money saver is stocking up on expensive products when on sale and freezing - hard cheese, chicken, groundbeef, ect.
I also stock up on staples when on sale - flour, sugar, pasta....

I also plan the menu around what is in the freezer + pantry and what is on sale. So if there is a lot of the tomatoes are on sale and the peppers are expensive, we skip peppers, and have lots of tomatoes....

If cheese isn't on sale and I have none in the freezer, I don't buy. I work with what I have and what is cheap.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 8:44 am
amother Jean wrote:
Olive oil became very expensive. Unfortunately I don't buy olive oil anymore. Only canola

Also in Israel. Much more expensive
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics