Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Help me create menu (dairy) for Sheva Brachos

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 9:28 pm
I the midst of planning sheva brachos that we’re making in the house. Dairy. What are some menu ideas? Looking for easy, pretty ..

What colors are nice these days for tablecloths, paper goods?

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 9:58 pm
I have no particular insight, but boy does this seem to be the right occasion for a rich dairy chocolate mousse.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 10:01 pm
Penne vodka
Salmon
Assorted pizzas
Fettuccini Alfredo
Sautéed artichoke
Mac and cheese balls
Motzarella sticks
Sushi
Cheese cake

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 10:14 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
Penne vodka
Salmon
Assorted pizzas
Fettuccini Alfredo
Sautéed artichoke
Mac and cheese balls
Motzarella sticks
Sushi
Cheese cake

Thank you!

gdgirl

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 10:39 pm
we recently attended in a restaurant and for starter they had a salad like ceasar, you could also do greek
then served soup- you can do onion or cream of broccoli or similar
then choice of either salmon grilled veg and potatos or a pasta like penne vodka ( one type)
cheesecake for dessert.
this sounds like much less food for you to have to make and if a restaurant can do it this way...
id add a smoothie or iced coffee to make it more fun

Queen Of Hearts

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 10:51 pm
Are you serving a meal or doing buffet style?

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 1:56 am
One of the things I did when I did a dairy meal was make mini pizzas. I rolled out the pizza dough and used my cookie cutter to make squares. It looked really cute having all these mini ones, and it allowed me to get more in the oven at a time, so I had a full tray of 15-20 mini pizzas, where I would have had only one pizza pie. They went down really well. That was the one food I had nothing leftover from.
I think we did for the other food, we started with onion soup.
We had a couple of different salads, a pasta side dish, salmon, buttery mini potatoes, and dessert was obviously cheesecake (although we did have a fruit salad for those wanting to be healthy).
And everything was on platters, except obviously the soup.

tichellady

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 7:45 am
Not everything needs to be dairy when hosting a dairy meal. I would stick to some lighter pareve things and some dairy. I would make tapenade and herb butter with good bread, salmon, something cheesy, roasted veggies, salad, and maybe a baked potato bar with different toppings

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 9:40 am
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Are you serving a meal or doing buffet style?

Meal

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 9:41 am
gdgirl wrote:
we recently attended in a restaurant and for starter they had a salad like ceasar, you could also do greek
then served soup- you can do onion or cream of broccoli or similar
then choice of either salmon grilled veg and potatos or a pasta like penne vodka ( one type)
cheesecake for dessert.
this sounds like much less food for you to have to make and if a restaurant can do it this way...
id add a smoothie or iced coffee to make it more fun

Great options!

boysrus

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 9:50 am
I think you should make sure to have some parev options for any guests who might be lactose intolerant.
dairy food:
penne a la vodka
quiches
lasagna
blintzes
good quality dairy icecream
or cheesecake!

dankbar

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 10:12 am
Stuffed portobello cap or cheese blintz or crepe with caramel and berries

Ceasar salad with grated parm cheese or Quinoa salad or sushi salad

French onion soup with cheese or dairy cream of mushroom soup or pareve veg soup or dairy cauliflower or broccoli soup

Choice of salmon or Eggplant parm as main, mashed potatoes or mini red whole potatoes, or potato wedges or extra mini tri color whole potatoes like pebbles. With green beans or glazed whole small carrots with the leaves. Or balsamic type if whole mushrooms.

Dairy ice cream, cheesecake or crepe or tiramisu or dairy trifle layered cup with cream and crumbs or dairy Strawberry or lemon layered cups.

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 10:13 am
Maybe I am just bad at making pasta, but I find it doesn’t hold well and is often gloppy. If you want to do pasta in a vodka or cream sauce, I would do a trial run. You might find a ravioli in a pesto -oil based sauce holds better. Definitely done it. It might just be me. But definitely something to the sample first.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics