Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Never gave teachers for chanukah. Give now or wait purim?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 8:05 am
Simply bc I am dysfunctional I never gave the Morahs either a tip or a card. We have especially good morahs this year working with difficult children and I'm so grateful to them.

Purim feels like a long time away to express gratitude

But it seems even more random to pop up with something right now. And then shalach Manos later too?

What would you do

Mayflower

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 8:08 am
I would wait until Purim. Don't feel bad - life happens, I'm sure they will appreciate it a lot if you give something nice for Purim and aren't expecting anything at this point.

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 8:19 am
Another vote for waiting for purim. We all have years that things pop up. Don't be hard on yourself.
Also if you want to do something now you can pop into school and deliver Danish and ice coffee for their teachers. It's so appreciated on any random day!

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 8:20 am
Mayflower wrote:
I would wait until Purim. Don't feel bad - life happens, I'm sure they will appreciate it a lot if you give something nice for Purim and aren't expecting anything at this point.

This.
But during this long winter semester receiving a random, unexpected note with your child expressing your appreciation and how much your child enjoys and gains from their classes, would brighten any teachers day.

ETA- and if it comes with coffee and danishes as per the poster above, even better!

amother
Black

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 8:30 am
Wait for Purim!
If you really feel "dysfunctional", next time you have a few minutes write the cards expressing your gratitude and put in a place where you'll find them before purim!!!
You'll feel accomplished and know it will actually be done! Ahead of the game!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 8:58 am
amother Black wrote:
Wait for Purim!
If you really feel "dysfunctional", next time you have a few minutes write the cards expressing your gratitude and put in a place where you'll find them before purim!!!
You'll feel accomplished and know it will actually be done! Ahead of the game!

Thats a good idea
I feel stupid bc I bought really nice chanukah cards. I wrote the one for rebbi right away but the morahs were too overwhelming bc there's so many of them and I couldn't decide how much money to give each one so I kept pushing it off and then I didn't do it...
So not really dysfunctional, just ADD lol

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 9:03 am
I am a bit like you, when it comes to chanukah and purim I dont always get my act together.
heres my advice--- give a gift now.
if you try waiting until purim, it might not happen then either! and then you will feel really bad...
Just write a nice note and give a gift . Any morah would love to get a gift just stam. randomly is fine.

when a rebbi or morah gets your gift now he or she will have time to actually notice it and appreciate it a lot. Not that he or she doesnt notice it on Purim. But he or she has more time to focus on it right now as he's not getting a bunch of gifts at the same time. Anytime is a good time, why not give it now.

amothertrying

Post Wed, Feb 14 2024, 9:53 am
Chanuka and Purim gifts became expected. If you would give a gift now, totally random time of year, just to say we see how much energy you put into the kids and are so grateful, it would be so touching to the teachers and mean so much.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics