Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Spin Off - Humor - Your shopping lists :-)
Previous  1  2

anonymrs

Post Tue, Aug 29 2023, 11:53 pm
I text dh whenever I remember something that we need. He calls it spam LOL

Goldie613

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 7:00 pm
Maybe what we need is a giant sign near the front of the store - or one of those announcements - that remind us of the things we tend to forget to buy LOL

gr82no

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 7:46 pm
Me and my husband have a WhatsApp group called shopping list where I post the list and he sends pictures asking what im talking about Smile
This app keep sounds interesting. Is it google keep?

flapsmom

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 8:15 pm
gr82no wrote:
Me and my husband have a WhatsApp group called shopping list where I post the list and he sends pictures asking what im talking about Smile
This app keep sounds interesting. Is it google keep?

Yes it is and is the best method hands down. My dh and I also share a synced list. Before the weekly shopping I try to put it in order of the aisles or categories.

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 8:20 pm
I usually don't have a list but if I do its a list that I text myself.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 8:23 pm
dh and I have a groceries whatsapp group. whenever I need anything I add it there and he does too. when either of us is in the store we reference that group.
TY raizyscookin for this tip. works wonders.

theoneandonly

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 8:24 pm
Listonic shopping list app. The list is shared between me and dh so we can each add stuff to the list and the other will see.

mammale

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 8:30 pm
There is another app called our groceries. Can sync between multiple devices, and can sort items by category.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 2:12 am
shanie5 wrote:
Alexa! I thought it was just a narishkeit until I was with my mom in her kitchen. Her hands were busy and she just said "Alexa, add oil to my shopping list". And that list is on her phone when she is out shopping. So I got one for my kitchen and love it. No more losing my lists! It's on DH phone too, so he can shop also.

I do the same but without Alexa just Siri on my phone. I have a note called “shopping “ I call out “hey siri add oil to my shopping note “. I also share that note with DH so he can add whatever he wants.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 2:18 am
We have a whatsapp group with all family members (myself, dh and daughter) and we add things during the week that we know are needed and then before one of us goes shopping on thursday we add the usuals that we always buy.

MommyM

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 6:57 am
And I thought I was the only one who made a shopping list group on Whatsapp with dh. (Although to be honest, it's only used when he goes shopping. When I go shopping, I go without a list and hope to remember anything different we need that week.)
If I need something that I order online, I add it to my cart until I get around to making an order.

amother
Mulberry

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 7:24 am
I just use a list app on my phone and have separate lists for each store (ShopRite vs kosher grocery vs bingo vs Costco). Husband texts me on the rare occasion he finishes something.

lfab

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 7:32 am
I use an app called our groceries. You can create multiple shopping lists (I have 1 for my regular grocery run, Costco, target, trader joes...). It sorts the items by category as you add them to your list. As I see we need something during the week I add it to the right list. Then when I am in the store I have it right there with me and don't have to worry about remembering to bring my list with me.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 9:07 am
Seems like there's not a good way to have an organized shopping list situation if you don't have a smartphone.
Any good methods that dont include apps?

a2z

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 9:12 am
amother Beige wrote:
Seems like there's not a good way to have an organized shopping list situation if you don't have a smartphone.

List on the fridge

safetynet1

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 12:58 pm
I typed a list of every possible item I would ever need and printed out a few of them. Every week I just check off the items I need that week

bzmommy

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 1:02 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
App. I put it straight into the grocery app. Dh does the same and is synced. Then when I'm ready, I just check I out, 2-3 hours later it's at my door. Simple as that.

Love this app
Someone mentioned it in one of the threads a while ago . I post things on there , and my husband can access on his phone - so helpful now that I’m expecting and have him do the grocery shopping weekly
It also saves my stuff from previous trips so I can click n add that to current list .
Awesome for my shalom bayit !!

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:54 am
amother Beige wrote:

Occasionally taking pictures of your shopping list so you have it on your phone Smile

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 12:45 pm
DH and I have a shopping chat and we each send items that we see we need there.
I have Walmart plus so if I place an order I'll send a new list to the chat with the items we still need

amother
Quince

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 12:49 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
My husband and I whatsapp each other so that he can rememberlol and I can add as he goes. If I am going I whatsapp myself.

we do this too but I have it on a group called groceries. so it's not mixed in with all the other msgs and easy to find the list.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics