Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Tooth looks grey

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 1:32 pm
My three year olds front tooth looks like it’s turning grey. What’s the reason for this? What can I do to stop it? We brush her teeth daily, and try to limit any juice intake.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 1:33 pm
We also visit the dentist regularly and she didn’t mention anything about the tooth being unhealthy

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 1:37 pm
That can happen from an injury to the tooth. One of my kids had that. We just had to keep an eye to make sure it wasn't getting worse and leading to an infection. Waiting for it to fall out eventually in a couple of years.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 1:43 pm
amother Honey wrote:
That can happen from an injury to the tooth. One of my kids had that. We just had to keep an eye to make sure it wasn't getting worse and leading to an infection. Waiting for it to fall out eventually in a couple of years.

What type of injury would cause that?

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 1:50 pm
I knocked a baby tooth hard once as a toddler and the tooth turned grey in the next few weeks. It stayed in for years until it fell out at 7 yrs old.

It could've knocked into anything. Kids play and get hurt. Not necessarily will u find the cause.

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 1:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
What type of injury would cause that?

If they fall and bump it. You wouldn't necessarily know, it doesn't have to be major.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 1:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
My three year olds front tooth looks like it’s turning grey. What’s the reason for this? What can I do to stop it? We brush her teeth daily, and try to limit any juice intake.

Your child must have hit the tooth when he fell, it’s turning grey because it’s disconnected from the roots. It’s important to get it pulled or else it can damage the adult tooth if it gets infected. Take him to the dentist asap

Highstrung

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 2:03 pm
My daughter had it. She had tripped and fell. Dentist said there’s nothing to worry about . It’s been 2 and a half years , it has gotten slightly lighter but will fall out one day when it’s ready

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 2:15 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Your child must have hit the tooth when he fell, it’s turning grey because it’s disconnected from the roots. It’s important to get it pulled or else it can damage the adult tooth if it gets infected. Take him to the dentist asap

This is not true. You would only need it pulled if it looks infected (red or pussing) otherwise it’s safe to leave until it falls out on its own.

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 2:16 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:

Totally not true. Most dentists will say leave it alone unless it shows signs of infection.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 2:19 pm
Check his gum by the grey tooth. If it’s discolored then it’s already infected. I didn’t know anything about this until it happened to my child.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics