Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Chasidishe instagram using secular songs with curse words?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:01 am
amother Foxglove wrote:
This further highlights the problematic nature of instagram. These people all have their public personas and the characters they play. On screen, they are all BFFs, they send each other meals when they are not feeling well which is nice (tagging the business account of the meal company), the the sick one opens it on screen (how sick are you really?), they get together for dinners, events, etc. MOST of us know how fake it all is. MOST of us. The ones who are caught up in it want to feel like they are part of the friend group. I know I don't need to go on, those who get it, get it.

If these people really cared about their "friends", they would not engage with the people who get laughed at. Its just so sad. Because I don't think the laughed at ones are in on the joke. At this point I'm not even talking about a specific IGer, it's the whole frum industry on there that's created a culture of Queen Bees and WannaBees.

One big Flowers for Algernon story playing out in real life

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:05 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
One big Flowers for Algernon story playing out in real life

Kind of. Because in Flowers for Algernon, Charlie was happy not knowing, and he was not capable of understanding; "ignorance is bliss" was his life. In these cases, people have the ability to remove the ignorance but they are part of the problem. There is no experiment to skyrocket the IGers out of their situation. They are being enabled by the people who pretend to be their friends and admirers.

Ihatepotatoes

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:44 am
amother Foxglove wrote:
This further highlights the problematic nature of instagram. These people all have their public personas and the characters they play. On screen, they are all BFFs, they send each other meals when they are not feeling well which is nice (tagging the business account of the meal company), the the sick one opens it on screen (how sick are you really?), they get together for dinners, events, etc. MOST of us know how fake it all is. MOST of us. The ones who are caught up in it want to feel like they are part of the friend group. I know I don't need to go on, those who get it, get it.

If these people really cared about their "friends", they would not engage with the people who get laughed at. Its just so sad. Because I don't think the laughed at ones are in on the joke. At this point I'm not even talking about a specific IGer, it's the whole frum industry on there that's created a culture of Queen Bees and WannaBees.

The real queen right here
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics