Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What organizations can help?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:31 pm
I’ve never taken tzedaka before and am embarrassed I am in a situation where I might need to now. DH and I both just lost our jobs. We also recently had a major increase in our expenses, and it’s only going to go up in the next couple months.

I don’t even know what’s out there or where to start, or what would even be available to me. Any ideas are really appreciated!

I am unable to work for the next 4-6 months, and DH is working really hard to find something. He is probably going to claim unemployment, though I am ineligible

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:33 pm
Tomchei Shabbos
Yad Yisrael

Wishing you easier times. HUGS.

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:34 pm
Call Tomchei Shabbos, ask for monthly boxes.
Its not everything but makes a huge dent in the family food needs

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:03 pm
Definitely call Tomchei Shabbos and get onto their list, especially with pesach coming soon. Their yomtov boxes are a huge help.
Maybe they can offer other resources.
Ahavas Tzedaka (Mrs Shanik) for clothing for your family. I think they give reloadable cards to be used in diff stores.
Chessed of Lakewood- worth calling to see what they can help you with.
Also reach out to your rav. With yomtov coming up there are funds raised in almost very shul and distributed to families in need. I know my husband is approached a few times a year and asked if we need or know any other families who may need.
Hatzlocha

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:35 pm
Set up an appointment with LRRC to find which government programs you are eligible for.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:36 pm
Definitely reach out to your rabbi. A tremendous amount of money is distributed on Purim day, and that's a lot of what funds people's Pesach. The advantage of getting these funds is there usually no formal application or waiting period. People give the Rav and he distributes it to the people in need.

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:39 pm
Hopeorg.org helps with income loss.

Plz lmk if they help- we give 20k a year & I want to know they are actually helping regular ppl.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries