Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Am I the only one struggling this season

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:48 pm
I’m going out of my mind dealing with bored kids ages 10-14. Home from 5 and on. I don’t do video games or computer.

They just are so cooped up now and ive done board games naki radio painting kits

I can’t spend money and I’m getting overwhelmed dealing with them

Am I alone.

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 6:01 pm
Homework, read books, have friends over call friends ? .. by that age, I was entertaining myself after school, but also I did have access to the Internet and the tv

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 6:06 pm
Are they into games?

Maybe folks here could suggest some board games or card games.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 6:40 pm
Between homework, music lesson, drawing, music, Lego, there’s no time for anything else.
Maybe try a lesson? There’s bassline for usb for keyboard lessons or can get a teacher. It is some money tho bassline is pretty cheap but it gives that hobby development so something to do.
Cooking?

amother
Glitter

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 6:44 pm
If you have boys send them to shul!
My 11 and 13 yr old boys go every night to lesrn with neighborhood boys
Shul also has books in the ladies section, and theres maariv..
Theyre there from 7. Until...

amother
Lily

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 6:44 pm
This is fascinating because I feel my nights are so harried and rushed there’s no enough time to be bored I’m always rushing them. Homework, dinner, bath/shower should take up at least 1-1.5 hours. On the rare night where there’s no errand (library) nothing to try on, nothing for them to help with (set the table, tidy up, sort laundry) there’s a mad rush to make sure there’s time for them to breathe

amother
Springgreen

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 6:45 pm
Also struggling. My kids are younger.

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 6:56 pm
It’s really hard. It’s a long night. My kids have cheap game boys and unfortunately and put lots of hours on it. We try to turn on music and do a dance party. We have long drawn out family supper. Lots of games but we are sick of them. My 9 year old son was bored enough to learn how to crochet. Books are really the best time waster. But you need access to a good library. Oh and puzzles are worth it if your kids are the age/type.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:02 pm
Oh my I’m in the same boat as you. It’s exhausting at times. We color together and do activity books which is so annoying for me but they need the company or won’t do it. They’ll help me bake/chop salad again so annoying bc it becomes somewhat of a mess. I fold laundry while they take a very long bath. Send my 12 yr old on an errand to grocery for something small like a spice or loaf of bread. If it’s not freezing out then we’ll walk around a few blocks if they get absolutely desperately bored and start lighting and bickering with each other.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics