Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Help Me Figure out a Career
Previous  1  2

amother
Lightblue

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 8:40 pm
Just want to add, practically every idea mentioned here involves extensive marketing of yourself to get clients. That's a big adjustment when coming from a desk job with guaranteed hours and pay.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 8:58 pm
How about a service coordinator? there are lots of openings for this job because it requires to different skill sets. Its a combination of administrative work and problem solving/talking to people.

msi3467

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 9:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
How do I get into this? Where can I find more info about these jobs?

Message me, there are a lot of job boards in the frum community, happy to help.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 9:34 pm
wow! you sound so ambitious!! I admire your genuine desire to help others!!
how about something in the helping / chessed profession - for example, a case manager in refuah helpline chaim resources (could be I'm making up names of organizations but you get the idea)
that could use your skillset to get involved with a family and help them out in a real, real way!!!
as someone who went through a drawn-out medical scenario, the people at Chai Lifeline that got close to our family are so close to us until today and made such a big difference!!
but get ready to take things under your wing and take responsibility - this is not a desk job!!
much hatzlocha!

Princess23

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 10:00 am
amother OP wrote:
Hi Imas! Im Hoping someone can help me with a career dilemma/question
So, Im working in the same industry for 5+ years now, and I like it, but its not my dream job at all. (desk job)
My dream job would be working with people, listening to their problems and helping them get through it. Ive always been told by friends and family that I am a great listener, and problem solver. I gain satisfaction of listening, hashing out, and helping someone reach a decision, or even just gain clarity on their situation. I enjoy analyzing an issue, breaking it down and help people understand it better.
It is interesting that at the same time, Im not teacher material. I do not enjoy helping people learn with books.
I hope this ramble is not confusing lol
Bottom line is,
Is the a career, other than being a therapist, where I can utilize my strengths and help people?
I say other than therapist, because I know the schooling for it is long and hard, And im not sure if That would be the right time for my current stage in life.

I don’t wanna come off sounding arrogant but becoming a therapist is one of the easiest degrees someone can pursue (compared to stem fields). I would look into it or you’re pretty much stuck in a non degree profession and it’s very hard to pursue something else without a degree other than secretarial work or teaching and even teaching in the secular world requires a degree. Most jobs nowadays require degrees.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Feb 16 2024, 10:44 am
amother OP wrote:
This sounds interesting.
How is it different than a therapist? Do I need a degree for this?

Congrats you are already a life coach. My neighbors dog and my toddler are as well. There is no training or licensure. There are no regulations. Anyone can call themselves that. And people who are not trained can do a lot of harm.
Yes, I know some people took "certifications" and courses but those are unregulated and are just money makers for the owners. They get lots of money with no oversight or regulations. You also get no clinical experience, supervision and there are no licensure exams. And how can a 6 month (if you are lucky) compare to years of coursework and supervised training?!?

There are no measures to guarantee that anyone is trained, what they are trained in, and if they break Confidentiality or any other ethical rule you have no board or license to complain to.

And yes, they can do a lot of harm. Many don't stay as "coaches" and try to do therapy, diagnose or treat someone. I see life coach courses saying they can train in trauma work, IFS, couples counseling... no!!!

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:21 pm
As someone mentioned before, you should try HR

amother
Currant

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 1:14 am
amother OP wrote:
Is a career coach similar to a recruiter? Because I did try recruiting, it wasn't for me. It wasn't enough

No not at all, it’s helping ppl figure out what field/job/career is best for them
Kind of what we’re doing with you here lol

You can sign up for Shaina Keren’s free master class next week. She’s a phenomenal career coach.

https://shaina-keren.mykajabi......46772

amother
DarkPurple

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 1:19 am
amother Apricot wrote:
Case Manager

Intake Coordinator

Liaison

Academic Advisor

HR

I know hamaspik has some openings

amother
Daisy

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 3:20 am
Op,
How about becoming a kallah teacher? You can use all the qualifications you mentioned to help kallahs build a beautiful marriage.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 2:19 pm
amother Daisy wrote:
Op,
How about becoming a kallah teacher? You can use all the qualifications you mentioned to help kallahs build a beautiful marriage.

Just came back to check if I missed any responses.
Interestung you mention this. Its something I hope to get to do in the future, but right now, Im way to young for that:)
Im 25
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics