Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What are things you'll never understand?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 1:54 pm
I don't understand people who don't understand why others do things differently to them...
There's more then one way to do things...

essie14

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 1:56 pm
I'll never understand how adults can eat with their hands, food that should be eaten with a fork and knife.

amother
Feverfew

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 7:27 pm
...till 120.

Why my husband farts so much when he knows it disgusts me.

I have said this to him irl, Il never be ok with it till 120.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 7:30 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
...till 120.

Why my husband farts so much when he knows it disgusts me.

I have said this to him irl, Il never be ok with it till 120.

What's he supposed to do? Suffer gas pain?

amother
Buttercup

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 7:33 pm
I don’t understand why people ignore questions in group chats. If someone is asking for the homework, why is it so hard to take the time and post what it is? We see you read the text, and we know you did the homework. I don’t understand the silent readers. It’s an easy chessed to help.
I’m on a bus chat and there are 15 people at my stop, yet I’m the only one who faithfully posts the stop each day even though they all have their phones on them and can do it just as easily. One second text can make someone else morning a whole lot easier! I’m happy to have the zchus I just wonder abt it often.

amother
Feverfew

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 7:38 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:
What's he supposed to do? Suffer gas pain?

Leave the room when he does it at least.

And yes maybe sometimes its hard to hold in, but I know for a fact he would never do it at my parents house, in shul, public etc.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 7:40 pm
How people can abuse their own children,
or even just see their children as a nuisance.

amother
Cherry

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 7:47 pm
amother Buttercup wrote:
I don’t understand why people ignore questions in group chats. If someone is asking for the homework, why is it so hard to take the time and post what it is? We see you read the text, and we know you did the homework. I don’t understand the silent readers. It’s an easy chessed to help.
I’m on a bus chat and there are 15 people at my stop, yet I’m the only one who faithfully posts the stop each day even though they all have their phones on them and can do it just as easily. One second text can make someone else morning a whole lot easier! I’m happy to have the zchus I just wonder abt it often.

For the homework chat , they probably don’t know the answer, didn’t notice the text, or they don’t write on chats due to anxiety.

The bus chat, not every parent sees exactly when the bus arrives, has their phone handy where they can pick it up and text, or knows the answer.

chestnut

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 7:51 pm
amother Beige wrote:
How people are ok with toilet paper in the bathroom. Inpossible to work with. I dont understand how people dont use wipes. But at least regular tissues.

So confused. Do you mean on Shabbos?
If not, toilet paper is much better than tissues. I don't know any families who put wipes in the bathroom.

amother
Currant

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 10:23 pm
How someone can finish up the toilet paper roll and not replace it, leaving the next person with no toilet paper
This happens constantly at work, I enter a stall and there is nothing to use to wipe
(It's not hard to put a new roll as there is a closet with tons of toilet paper, they're just too lazy or inconsiderate)

amother
Pansy

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 10:23 pm
chestnut wrote:
So confused. Do you mean on Shabbos?
If not, toilet paper is much better than tissues. I don't know any families who put wipes in the bathroom.

We put wipes in the bathroom, and I know other people who do as well. It needs to be 100% clean from #2 in order to say brachos.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 10:24 pm
amother DarkYellow wrote:
How people wear shoes in the house. Goodness knows what we step into on the street or in public bathrooms.

lol are you Canadian?

TravelHearter

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 10:32 pm
amother Pansy wrote:
We put wipes in the bathroom, and I know other people who do as well. It needs to be 100% clean from #2 in order to say brachos.

Do you throw them out? Flush them?

TravelHearter

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 10:34 pm
My crawling baby lives in the floor. Even licks it. And yes, I want to be able to walk barefoot without getting black feet. I want to sit on the floor and play with my kids without it feeling gritty . Is it that hard to park one's shoes at the door and change into house shoes? Easier than washing the floors, which I need to do less often.( I won't ask guest to do that. I'm talking about whoever lives in my house. )

msually flats? Easy to park by the door if I wanted to. My kids? Either they wear sneakers, or they are in and out of the house to the yard, friend, neighbor, run inside to get a drink, etc. That would be very hard for them to constantly take off their shoes.

amother
Steelblue

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 10:36 pm
TravelHearter wrote:
Do you throw them out? Flush them?

I don’t use wipes but dh grew up in a house that did. He takes a bag into the bathroom then puts the bag into the garbage.

Tao

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 10:39 pm
essie14 wrote:
I'll never understand how adults can eat with their hands, food that should be eaten with a fork and knife.

My in-law family are literally the only people I know who eat pizza with a knife and fork. I refuse. Whenever there's pizza I sit there and hold my slice in my hand like a normal person while they all politely cut theirs with cutlery. LOL LOL
(Except dh. I'd like to take credit but truthfully he probably ate pizza with his hands before we married, lol)

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 10:41 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
I don’t understand people who care where I put my chicken. My counter is clean. If you don’t like it don’t eat at my house.

It's not that your counter isn't clean.
The package of chicken is not.

I always put any chicken or meat packages in or on top of a clear bag. There can be secreted juices running through the plastic wrap.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 10:42 pm
Tao wrote:
My in-law family are literally the only people I know who eat pizza with a knife and fork. I refuse. Whenever there's pizza I sit there and hold my slice in my hand like a normal person while they all politely cut theirs with cutlery. LOL LOL
(Except dh. I'd like to take credit but truthfully he probably ate pizza with his hands before we married, lol)

Yeah pizza just doesn't taste the same without holding that huge slice up in front of your face and taking a big bite!

amother
Lightyellow

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 10:44 pm
1. Designer brands
2. The drive to buy them even if you can't afford it so people buy knock offs

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 10:44 pm
How people wear shoes in the house. Goodness knows what we step into on the street or in public bathrooms.

Would love to enforce this! Any tips for kids?
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics