Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What are things you'll never understand?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

essie14

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 11:51 pm
Tao wrote:
My in-law family are literally the only people I know who eat pizza with a knife and fork. I refuse. Whenever there's pizza I sit there and hold my slice in my hand like a normal person while they all politely cut theirs with cutlery. LOL LOL
(Except dh. I'd like to take credit but truthfully he probably ate pizza with his hands before we married, lol)

Oh I eat pizza with my hands.
I'm talking about the majority of a shabbat meal, for example.
It's gross to see adults use their fingers plus challah to eat a meal. Or fingers plus a piece of shnitzel to eat rice. (I witness this on a regular basis)

zaq

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 11:55 pm
Quantum physics.
I didn't think this was going to be a gripefest. I thought OP was seriously asking what topics people have never been able to grasp.

mandr

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:32 am
People who wipe their bottoms with a tissue after BM is mind boggling. You need a wipe for that! It’s so rough with tissue or tp.

I don’t understand people who dress toddlers in high end couture with huge words in them blaring designers’ names like an advertisement.

I don’t understand people who touch chicken and meat without gloves.

I don’t understand how grown adults who went to Bais Yakov schools have such pathetic grammar.

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:40 am
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
It's not that your counter isn't clean.
The package of chicken is not.

I always put any chicken or meat packages in or on top of a clear bag. There can be secreted juices running through the plastic wrap.

I always clean my counters after handling raw chicken.

pause

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:42 am
Oh, don't get me started. So many things...

I've learned that it's ok for me not to understand why people do the things they do, and as long as I don't have to deal with the outcome of their choices, move on.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:44 am
amother Currant wrote:
How someone can finish up the toilet paper roll and not replace it, leaving the next person with no toilet paper
This happens constantly at work, I enter a stall and there is nothing to use to wipe
(It's not hard to put a new roll as there is a closet with tons of toilet paper, they're just too lazy or inconsiderate)

This is me, too often.

I have ADHD and it takes a supreme effort to hold the thought of "we are out of toilet paper" through the process of pulling up my undergarments, making sure my skirt isn't tucked in, flushing the toilet, washing my hands, and exiting the restroom.

I have toilet paper stored literally in a cabinet across from the bathroom but I still need to keep a roll or two under the sink because I have such a hard time remembering to bring it in when needed.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:47 am
amother OP wrote:
How men can be so oblivious to their surroundings

The lack of hygiene in people's kitchen's (packages of chicken on their counters) etc

I generally consider the cleanliness of my counters about equivalent to the kitchen sink, I.e. I will not roll out dough on my counter or make a sandwich directly on the counter.

So no, it doesn't bother me to have packages of chicken on the counter.

If I planned on using the counter for any type of direct food contact, I'd wash it well with soap and water first.

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:57 am
People that are rich and think they are better than others.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:00 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:
I generally consider the cleanliness of my counters about equivalent to the kitchen sink, I.e. I will not roll out dough on my counter or make a sandwich directly on the counter.

If I planned on using the counter for any type of direct food contact, I'd wash it well with soap and water first.

I wouldn't put food directly on my counter either. But what if you place a pan of food on the counter and then into the fridge? That means you may contaminate your fridge. Or a snack bag which then goes into the snack cabinet or your kids knapsack.

I am far from obsessive about these things but it's not just about direct food contact.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:01 am
zaq wrote:
Quantum physics.
I didn't think this was going to be a gripefest. I thought OP was seriously asking what topics people have never been able to grasp.

Why waste the opportunity for a good gripefest? Wink

NechaMom

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 2:09 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:

I wash my counter before rolling dough. Where else would I roll it?

We use shoes indoors but not on beds or couches. We don’t roll dough on the floor so it’s fine.

I’ll never understand why people are so sure that their way is the right way. I much prefer being open to learn from others in case they do things better/easier/more practical than me.

Oh, and I defrost chicken on the counter. Without a garbage bag underneath it.

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 3:01 am
Why so many women attach so much importance and invest so many resources in their beauty.

Even more mysterious: why so many frum women attach so much importance to their beauty.

Even more mysterious: why so many frum women judge other women by their appearance.

Not mysterious, in this context: the typical frum women inspection look, from head to toe and back from toe to head in order to judge other frum women.

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 3:23 am
I will never understand the concept of why clothes are 'in' or 'out'- why you need new clothes each season when last year's fit fine and why all kids need matching from fancy designer stores.
Or why you need 2-3types of meat for shab lunch when it used to be chulent and leftover chicken from Fri night. And why a pot noodle is a meal for kids?
And why 'standards' exist that are pure gashmius.
And why 'european' is some kind of higher class level (I'm european and we don't live like that)
And most of all why we all use plastic all the time unlike our parents/grandparents who washed up even without 2-3 dishwashers.

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 3:38 am
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Would love to enforce this! Any tips for kids?

Train them while they are young. My 2 yr old knows his shoes comes off before we enter the house. And It’s a nonissue for all my other kids. No shoes worn outside enters my house.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 3:55 am
amother Snow wrote:
And most of all why we all use plastic all the time unlike our parents/grandparents who washed up even without 2-3 dishwashers.

Not all of us use disposables frequently.
It's cultural and a matter of cost.
When disposable aren't available you will do the dishes Smile

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 3:59 am
mandr wrote:
People who wipe their bottoms with a tissue after BM is mind boggling. You need a wipe for that! It’s so rough with tissue or tp.

I don’t understand people who dress toddlers in high end couture with huge words in them blaring designers’ names like an advertisement.

I don’t understand people who touch chicken and meat without gloves.

I don’t understand how grown adults who went to Bais Yakov schools have such pathetic grammar.

English grammar or Hebrew grammar?

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 4:04 am
Tao wrote:
My in-law family are literally the only people I know who eat pizza with a knife and fork. I refuse. Whenever there's pizza I sit there and hold my slice in my hand like a normal person while they all politely cut theirs with cutlery. LOL LOL
(Except dh. I'd like to take credit but truthfully he probably ate pizza with his hands before we married, lol)

In my country of origin everyone eats pizza with fork and knife. You cannot buy slices, only whole pizzas.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 4:09 am
essie14 wrote:
Oh I eat pizza with my hands.
I'm talking about the majority of a shabbat meal, for example.
It's gross to see adults use their fingers plus challah to eat a meal. Or fingers plus a piece of shnitzel to eat rice. (I witness this on a regular basis)

They dont know how to eat with cutlery?
Use of hands is OK up to a very young age. After that it's just NOT!

imaamy

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 6:13 am
Why people sometimes treat others badly or don’t reciprocate kindnesses.

a2z

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 6:20 am
The toilet paper devices that have you pull the marked toilet paper out from the middle of the roll and keep on getting worried that it'll rip and get stuck inside and you'll be stuck without toilet paper.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics