Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Copywriting

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 3:40 pm
What kind of career is there for this combined with marketing? If you work in a field like this I owuld love to hear more about it.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 3:45 pm
I’m a copywriter, I currently work in-house for an agency.
I’ve worked for various agencies in the past and I also freelance.

So many routes you can take: work on your own, connect with veteran copywriters and get work from them, in-house for agency, in-house for business, remote for agency, collaborations with designers

Also you can discern yourself by become expert in different fields like healthcare, construction, or different types of copy, like website, email, brochures, branding etc.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 3:57 pm
amother Chartreuse wrote:
I’m a copywriter, I currently work in-house for an agency.
I’ve worked for various agencies in the past and I also freelance.

So many routes you can take: work on your own, connect with veteran copywriters and get work from them, in-house for agency, in-house for business, remote for agency, collaborations with designers

Also you can discern yourself by become expert in different fields like healthcare, construction, or different types of copy, like website, email, brochures, branding etc.

What are the salary ranges for working in house?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 5:08 pm
amother Floralwhite wrote:
What are the salary ranges for working in house?

Varies on experience level. $40-$75 depending if you’re junior, senior etc.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 5:22 pm
amother Chartreuse wrote:
Varies on experience level. $40-$75 depending if you’re junior, senior etc.

Is this an hour or annual?
How do I get into this field- is there a course you recommend?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is this an hour or annual?
How do I get into this field- is there a course you recommend?

This is per hour.

My advice after 5 years in the field, don't take a course yet.

Rather, start consuming everything you can on marketing.

Books:
Start with Hey Whipple Squeeze This by Luke Sullivan then go for A Self-Help Guide for Copywriters by Dan Nelken.

Websites:
Jacob McMillen is a copywriter who aside for writing copy, has a website with a WEALTH of helpful guides for beginner to senior copywriters. https://jacobmcmillen.com/category/guides/

Emails:
Sign up to Shlomo Genchin's email list and if you're on Linkedin, follow his posts.

Podcasts:
Listen to The Copywriter Club Podcast. Hosted by two veteran copywriters. Excellent source of info on the industry.

After, and only after you've surrounded yourself with enough information on the industry, and if bonus, you have a job or two under your belt, then you can consider investing in a course.

Start small, with a $97 course on copy by Cole Schafer. (for those sensitive, his course may have some slight swear language)
https://www.coleschafer.com/co.....iting

Once you're earning money and want to learn more, you can look at the big ones, like Copytribe (5k I believe) or Jacob McMillen's Internet's Best Copywriting Course ($997).

That's the long and short of it and I'm happy to answer more questions if you have them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics